ServiceNow Software Engineer
- Rancho Cordova, CA, États-Unis
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Franklin Templeton Investments
- 19 sept. 17
ServiceNow Software Engineer
Franklin Templeton Investments is a leading global investment management organization due to the efforts of our greatest assets - our employees. We have over 9,000 employees working in 60 offices around the world, servicing investment solutions for our clients in more than 150 countries. We believe in our corporate values of putting clients first, building relationships, achieving quality results, and working with integrity. Our people are dedicated to delivering strong results and exceptional service to clients, team members and business partners.
For more than 65 years, our success has been a direct result of the talent, skills and persistence of our people. We're currently looking for qualified candidates to join our team.
We have recently implemented ServiceNow to manage a growing focus on service management. Reporting to the Service Management Director, the Service Management Engineer is part of a global team responsible for overseeing Franklin Templeton's service management strategy and is empowered to guide discussions, direction and change within the ServiceNow platform . The engineers act as system administrators to oversee the environment and act as consultants to our end users; staying current on the latest trends, functionality and issues; desire to learn and grow is highly encouraged. Responsibilities include maintaining existing functionality, keeping current with ServiceNow releases (currently implementing Jakarta), acting as an SME on the tool, training and coaching others on new, existing and expanded functionality, and working with technology and non-technology lines of business to adopt new ServiceNow functionality to enable, automate, and improve business functions and processes by building and supporting functionality to improve and automate in all areas within the company.
Systems Software Engineers are responsible for:
- Systems integration, testing, and developing infrastructure tools for monitoring, configuration and performance management, non-routine software engineering and technical support for tools, implemented solutions, computers/data center operations, or Identity & Access Management (IAM).
- Evaluate requirements, develop logic, configure, test, implement and troubleshoot coded solutions, server and computer hardware, software, systems and other resources in either a desktop or a centralized computer network setting.
- Maintain access control, data integrity and file system security for the supported system and/or environment and/or monitor, track and record system performance, coding defects and enhancements, utilization metrics, identifying and managing vendor product bugs.
- Have a deep understanding of software packaging & deployment, configuration management/compliance, patching and remediation and communicate highly technical information to both technical and nontechnical personnel.
- Recommend continuous process improvements, solutions, and systems, including new acquisitions and upgrades, to improve computer/data center efficiency and may participate in development of information technology, security and infrastructure projects.
Capacity and Performance Analysis:
- Performs performance trend analysis for planning of infrastructure capacity and improvements
- Makes recommendations to operational areas or escalate to more Sr. Engineers for systemic analysis for improvement of infrastructure to meet current and future needs
- Develops, reviews, and tests technical documentation to ensure accuracy (e.g., for infrastructure solutions and engineering support)
- Participates in development of process improvements and in establishing and documenting policies
- Participates in the development of technology roadmaps and contributes to the development of new ideas
- Participates in detailed design, installation, configuration, implementation, and modification of IT Infrastructure solutions to meet business needs and may take a lead role where appropriate
- Analyzes recurring incidents and proposes systemic resolution of moderate to complex problems
- Works with vendors on root cause analysis/determination and issue resolution
KNOWLEDGE, EDUCATION, AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree and a minimum 5 years of related experience:
- Expert knowledge of Service Now and Release Management SDLC
- Good working knowledge of MS Office tools - Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, MS Project
- Basic knowledge/understanding of Project Management Principles and Processes
- 5 to 7 Years in Information Technology experience
- 3 to 5 years release management experience including the use of SCM tools
- Proven track record/ experience in Process Improvement Strategies
- Certified ServiceNow System Administrator
- Certified in Application Creation in ServiceNow
- ServiceNow Asset Management, Scripting, Service Mapping, Performance Analytics, Asset Management, Discovery, Orchestration, and Governance Risk and Compliance