Internal Audit Private Banking-Executive Director
- New York, NY, États-Unis
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Morgan Stanley USA
- 19 sept. 17
Internal Audit Private Banking-Executive Director
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Internal Audit is responsible for validating whether the firm operates in a controlled environment with appropriate risk-management processes. Auditors evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of the firm's internal controls using a risk-based methodology developed from professional auditing standards. Internal Audit assists in monitoring the firm's compliance with internal guidelines set for risk management and risk monitoring, as well as external rules and regulations governing the industry.
The team reports directly to the Board Audit Committee and helps verify whether the firm meets all of its fiduciary responsibilities to shareholders, while adhering to corporate-governance standards and legal and regulatory requirements.
Internal Audit is comprised of Business, Risk and Technology auditors. Business and Risk auditors focus on understanding the risks that the businesses face and the controls to mitigate those risks. Technology auditors focus on the application controls supporting the business processes, including systems development, application security and entitlements, production management, and technology governance. Both groups are responsible for understanding, analyzing and testing the controls to protect the franchise. Internal Audit is seeking an Executive Director to join its Wealth Management Audit Group.
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing support in connection with audits performed over the Private Banking segments within Wealth Management. The candidate should have a strong understanding of internal audit and control concepts and extensive knowledge of Consumer Banking and Safety and Soundness Banking Regulations with specific impact on the Private Banking business. Additionally, the candidate should have excellent time management, organizational, project management, communication and interpersonal skills.
• Develop an effective, comprehensive internal audit plan to be applied across the Private Banking Group based on a comprehensive risk assessment process.
• Manage and lead the execution of audit reviews, including project management and resource planning and mentor an audit team of ~10 auditors.
• Successful track record of people management and team development.
• Develop and maintain effective working relationships with business units; act as the primary Internal Audit business engagement liaison for the Private Banking Group.
• Manage, analyze and evaluate the Private Banking business focusing on Residential and Commercial Lending, Tailored Lending, Security Based Lending, Credit and Debit Cards, Incentive Compensation, Bank Finance and Treasury, Deposit Products and Banking Operations and related regulatory requirements including DFAST and Treasury activities to evaluate the risk and control framework supporting the business. This includes, performing risk assessments for the Wealth Management audit entity universe to help inform the risk-based audit plan.
• Execute the annual risk-based audit plan to provide appropriate coverage of the Private Banking Group activities. Manage the execution of the audit plan within departmental methodology, policies and standards. Work with Senior Management of the business and Internal Audit Department to vet control issues identified by Audit and write, review and disseminate audit reports.
• Liaise with regulatory bodies the Bank's Audit Committee and effectively communicate key audit results and related findings and manage relationships with independent external auditors.
• Contribute to ongoing business monitoring and optimization activities, including: Identifying emerging Bank-wide and business risks, understanding organizational changes through periodical engagements with business units, and completing risk assessments of these areas.
• Strong leadership and interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to collaborate with and influence key stakeholders.
• Enthusiastic, self-motivated, strong interest in learning, effective under pressure and willing to take personal responsibility/accountability.
• Ability to travel when required (~5 to 10%).
• 12+ years of Consumer Banking audit required with strong knowledge of banking regulations and experience inter-acting with regulators including 5 years of supervisory experience.
• CPA, MBA, Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager (CRCM), Certified Anti-Money Laundering Management (CAMS) a plus.