Java Algo Developer - Hedge Fund
- New York, NY, États-Unis
- CDI, Plein-temps
- GMS Advisors
- 16 août 17
Our client is a leading hedge fund and they are in search of multiple Java Developers to join their team at all levels.
The successful candidate will join a team that designs and develops execution service technology and algorithmic back-testing platform. Candidate must be hands-on. He/She should have a solid understanding of market microstructure and production environments. Have excellent communication skills and be a team player. Having experience writing actual frameworks and building algorithmic trading platform in his previous engagements are highly desirable.
- Hands-on, build server side algo services and components.
- Have fair understanding of algo back-testing facilities.
- Previous experience with alpha strategies is a big plus.
- Possess excellent knowledge of testing framework;
JUnit, Mockito, Cucumber.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Well rounded, specifically in the areas of market data,
static reference data, networking and big data problems.
- Produce formal documentation.
- General market knowledge of equities, options, SOR, VWAP, and alpha generating strategies is desired.
- Expert level Java developer, server-side, 7 to 10 years. Deep understanding of concurrent, multi-threaded application environments.
- Must have backtesting experience.
- 5+ years of working with financial order/execution data, positions data and market data.
- Knowledge of Unix/Linux is required.
- Knowledge of Agile/Scrum development methodologies is required.
- Experience with Tibco Rendezvous is required.
- Knowledge of Kdb+/Q is a big plus.
- B.S. in Computer Science (CIS) or Mathematics or Physics.
- Firm is global, hence we are asked to support periodic production rollouts at late hours and early mornings as required by the business.
- Demonstrates thoroughness and strong ownership of work.
- Good team player with a strong willingness to participate and help others.
- Strong communication skills.
- Documentation writing is a must.
- Quick learner.
- Cope with pressure, ambitious team members and changing project priorities.