Lease Finance Origination
SUMMARY: __ Responsible for carrying out the lease origination effort as a lead. Assist other member of the leasing team in all facets of the business. Effective management of the each lease transaction’s origination to closing process, as well as maintenance of the existing lease
SUMMARY: __ Responsible for carrying out the lease origination effort as a lead. Assist other member of the leasing team in all facets of the business. Effective management of the each lease transaction’s origination to closing process, as well as maintenance of the existing lease portfolio.
1) Job Overview and Responsibilities
- By collaborating with the coverage bankers and other bank officers, originate a lease financing structure for Mizuho’s clients.
- Take the lead on the deal execution, including negotiation of the terms, credit application, accounting confirmation, tax analysis, regulatory compliance check, appraisal, documentation, and closing.
- Facilitate the resolution of any issues that may arise on transactions related to the origination and implementation to ensure all the concerns are sufficiently handled.
- Bring in the strategic mind to take on the task of creating a new lease or structured finance business.
- Provide deal structuring expertise and support and guide the other members of the team.
- Monitor and maintain the current existing portfolio; handling of customer requests, amendments and terminations.
- Keep up to date with changes in tax, legal and accounting matters which are related to lease financing market, by establishing the connections with appropriate specialists.
2) Required Skills
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent negotiation skills which may include persuasion, diplomacy and salesmanship.
- Thorough understanding of the corporate banking business, lease financing, and corporate finance.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple tasks within time constraints in a diverse team environment.
- Team leadership skills, willingness to both lead and participate in deal teams.
- Basic knowledge of regulatory, tax, financial, legal and accounting issues pertaining to leasing.
- Advanced experience in Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
3) Minimum Job Requirement or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, mathematics, accounting, economics, and/or other business related concentrations is required. (Master’s degree is preferred)
- 10+ years of leasing, banking or other financing related business experience.
- Deep understanding of the lease, legal and accounting knowledge is a plus.
Mizuho Bank Ltd. offers a competitive total rewards package.
We are an EEO/AA Employer - M/F/Disability/Veteran.
We participate in the E-Verify program.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Mizuho Americas is a leading financial institution that offers clients award-winning strategic and creative solutions in corporate and investment banking, financing, securities, treasury services, asset management, research and more. We have experts in offices throughout the US, Canada, Mexico, Brazil and Chile. Our operations in the Americas connect our broad client base of major corporations, financial institutions and public sector entities to local markets and the vast global network of our parent company—Mizuho Financial Group.
Mizuho Financial Group is one of the largest financial institutions in the world, offering comprehensive financial and strategic services including private banking and venture capital through its subsidiaries. Based in Japan, the group has over 56,000 professionals working in 920 offices in nearly 40 countries throughout Asia, EMEA, and the Americas. As of March 31, 2016 its total assets were $1.8 trillion.