Newton Investment Management (NIM) - Business Development Analyst
- New York, NY, États-Unis
- CDI, Plein-temps
- BNY Mellon
- 14 sept. 17
Newton Investment Management (NIM) - Business Development Analyst
Founded in 1978, Newton Investment Management (NIM) is a London-based, global investment management subsidiary of The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation. With assets under management of over $71.6 bn. Newton provides a broad range of investment products and services to a wide range of clients, including pension funds, charities, corporations and individuals.
Newton Investment Management (North America) LLC (NIMNA) is the US business development and client service arm of NIM. Newton has the ambition to grow the US business to a material part of the overall business (currently 12% of the total firm assets) and NIMNA team's key responsibilities are to source and develop new business opportunities, alongside building and retaining existing client and consultant relationships.
We are looking for a Business Development Analyst to support the NIMNA team with our growth. This is a great opportunity to gain experience in the investment management industry, deepen existing knowledge of equity and fixed income investment strategies and be part of a growing, dynamic and international team.
The primary responsibility of this role is to provide broad support to a team of business development and client service professionals. The Business Development Analyst's role will work closely with colleagues in the US and UK, across a range of business areas including relationship management, portfolio management, operations, performance and risk measurement, compliance, client reporting and marketing.
Key deliverables and activities will include:
- Researching new business opportunities using a range of newswire and data subscription sources
- Review and analyze investment databases to assess our competitive positioning and unique selling points. NB: Previous use and familiarity of the eVestment Alliance database will be viewed as a strong advantage
- Monitor and coordinate Requests For Proposals (RFPs) and Requests For Information (RFIs) with London-based RFP/RFI team
- Maintain Salesforce pipeline and contacts; log meetings and communications in DMS
- Organize prep meetings with internal partners
- Assisting with travel/roadshow planning for PM travel across channels
- Coordinate the sharing of data between teams to ensure accurate sales/client metrics and reporting
- Draft, coordinate, review and ensure timely delivery of new business and client presentation materials for the Institutional, Intermediary and Client Relations teams, with support from the London-based presentation team
- Working with marketing team to ensure availability and distribution of marketing material. Share information on our range of investment strategies, managing timelines for deliverables
- Ensuring external materials are reviewed by UK and US compliance colleagues and facilitate edits where necessary
- Partner with Portfolio Specialists at BNY and Newton to assist in the creation, distribution and data servicing of sales/marketing ideas
- Support the client service team with research and analysis on distressed clients and cross sale opportunities
- Assist with general queries and requests from clients, consultants and internal groups
- Work with various internal groups and team on ad hoc requests and projects; performance team, investment team, marketing team, RFP team, UK business development team, etc
- Be a general point of contact for the institutional sales team, the relationship management team, and the intermediary sales team during travel
- Work with London-based desk assistants on Portfolio Manager travel and scheduling; maintain team calendar
- Bachelor's degree
- Prior experience in relationship management, business development and or client service, preferred
- General knowledge of investment industry and markets, preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products with expertise in Word, Excel and PowerPoint, required
- Knowledge of CRM systems and databases , including Salesforce, preferred
- Team player and problem-solver
- Highly motivated and energetic
- Strong communicator (written and verbal)
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and analytical skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, 'start up' environment.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
As one of the world's leading investment management organizations and one of the top U.S. wealth managers, BNY Mellon Investment Management combines agility, insight and scale to create and deliver strategies and solutions to address our clients' needs. Encompassing BNY Mellon's investment management firms, wealth management organization and global distribution teams, we draw on deep expertise to collaborate with clients and tailor our best ideas and resources to meet their specific needs. We pride ourselves on providing dedicated service through our network of global professionals who have a deep understanding of local requirements. With our extensive experience in anticipating and responding to the investment and financial needs of the world's governments, pension plan sponsors, corporations, foundations, endowments, advisors, intermediaries, individuals and families, and family offices, BNY Mellon Investment Management is dedicated to helping clients reach their goals.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Internal Jobcode: 32509
Job: Asset Management
Requisition Number: 1712040