Performance Management Senior Associate
- New York, NY, États-Unis
- CDI, Plein-temps
- New York Life Insurance Company
- 17 août 17
Performance Management Senior Associate
New York Life Insurance Company ("New York Life" or "the company") is the largest mutual life insurance company in the United States*. Founded in 1845, New York Life is headquartered in New York City, maintains offices in all fifty states, and owns Seguros Monterrey New York Life in Mexico.
New York Life is one of the most financially strong and highly capitalized insurers in the business. The company reported 2016 operating earnings of $1.954 billion. Total assets under management at year end 2016, with affiliates, totaled $538 billion. As of year-end 2016, New York Life's surplus was $23.336 billion**. New York Life holds the highest possible financial strength ratings currently awarded to any life insurer from all four of the major ratings agencies: A.M. Best, A++; Fitch AAA; Moody's Aaa; Standard & Poor's AA+. (Source: Individual Third Party Ratings Report as of 8/17/16).
Financial strength, integrity and humanity-the values upon which New York Life was founded-have guided the company's decisions and actions for over 170 years.
Finance Operations serves as a central platform for providing solutions to the business across finance processes, data, systems and organization. The Finance Service Management team, which is a part of Finance Operations, is responsible for providing strategic and operational support to the Finance Organization in managing the delivery of Co-sourced Operations and driving the Service Management Framework with the various finance functions/ business units.
The Performance Management Senior Associate will be accountable for establishing the Service Management Framework with the Finance functions. This role will be responsible for developing process performance metrics and dashboards, SLAs/KPIs with the Finance functions and benchmarking, measuring and improving service levels. He/she will be accountable for driving process standardization and optimization opportunities in Finance.
- Identify metrics that align with annual Goals to measure performance of various finance functions, define the metrics and analyze the drivers for the metrics.
- Benchmark process performance with industry best practices, agree on SLAs/KPIs with finance functions and track process performance against the SLAs/KPIs.
- Create an overall dashboard to reflect performance for Finance.
- Manage process performance reporting and governance reporting for Finance Service Management.
- Conduct analysis to identify trends and issues for process performance.
- Facilitate identification of process standardization and optimization opportunities in Finance and support implementation of initiatives.
- Liaise with the other Finance operations functions (Continuous Improvement, PMO, Finance systems) for implementation of the process improvement initiatives.
- 5+ years plus experience in developing and managing Finance CoE Operations, Shared Services, Performance Management, Benchmarking, Finance Transformation and Project Management.
- Demonstrated knowledge of related tools and technology.
- Qualified candidates must have the knowledge of developments in the industry (Insurance and Finance & Accounting) around service models and be able to apply leading practices to NYL to drive efficiencies.
- This role must handle negotiations with senior Finance leadership to resolve issues regarding SLAS/KPIs and identify process improvement opportunities and thus requires proficient leadership competencies in interpersonal skills, negotiation skills and conflict and dispute management skills to deliver business objectives.
- Bachelor degree is required, preferably in Business, Finance or Economics related areas; Masters degree / MBA is a plus.
If you have difficulty using or interacting with any portions of this Web site due to incompatibility with an Assistive Technology, if you need the information in an alternative format, or if you have suggestions on how we can make this site more accessible, please contact us at: (212) 576-5811.
* Based on revenue as reported by "Fortune 500, ranked within Industries, Insurance: Life, Health (Mutual)," Fortune Magazine, June 17, 2016. See http://fortune.com/fortune500/ for methodology.
** Total surplus, which includes the Asset Valuation Reserve, is one of the key indicators of the company's long-term financial strength and stability and is presented on a consolidated basis of the company.
1. Operating earnings is the key measure use by management to track Company's profitability from ongoing operations and underlying profitability of the business. This indicator is based on generally accepted accounting principles in the US (GAAP), with certain adjustments Company believes to be appropriate as a measurement approach (non GAAP), primarily the removal of gains or losses on investments and related adjustments.
2. Assets under management represent Consolidated Domestic and International insurance Company Statutory assets (cash and invested assets and separate account assets) and third party assets principally managed by New York Life Investment management Holdings LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of New York Life Insurance Company.