Compliance Officer – Monitoring, Assurance and Testing (CMAT)
- Manama, Capital Governorate, Bahrein
- CDI, Plein-temps
- 14 août 17
Responsible for the development and implementation of a Group-wide compliance monitoring and testing programme across both Regulatory Compliance and Financial Crime Compliance matters at Headoffice level, and also providing CMAT leadership and oversight for all group Units .
- Establish an enterprise-wide compliance monitoring, assurance and testing strategy
- Develop, implement, and maintain an enterprise-wide compliance monitoring, assurance and testing program, as well as supporting policies and procedures
- Oversee the execution of the compliance monitoring program in all Units, reviewing results and providing guidance to the Compliance Heads on Group standards and best practice
- Oversee the monitoring and resolution of compliance issues, ensuring they are tracked and reported at the appropriate level of seniority based on risk rating
- Develop and manage the annual Group compliance testing plan based on the Group compliance risk assessment
- Prepare Group compliance testing reports and present findings and recommendations to Group Compliance Officer and Senior Management
- Monitor regulatory activities and industry developments to identify trends and emerging issues. Revise the monitoring and testing program as appropriate
- Maintain an understanding of business operations
- Assist with ad-hoc compliance projects
- Work collaboratively with Operational Risk and Internal Audit to inform the compliance testing plan
- Lead or assist in investigating compliance issues such as regulatory or policy breaches, as needed
- Perform tactical ad hoc reviews based on identified key risks
- Perform other duties as assigned by management
- 8-10 + years experience in managing a compliance monitoring, assurance and testing program.
- Strong computer skills including knowledge of risk management systems.
Education / Certifications
- Minimum Bachelor degree
- 10+ years of experience in the financial services industry with a focus on monitoring and testing. Preferably with a strong background in operational risk and/or internal audit. Experience in overseeing projects across multiple jurisdictions.
- Self-motivated, and pro-active team player. Strong written and verbal communication skills with an ability to foster a collaborative working relationship with multiple functional areas. Excellent analytical, technical and problem solving skills with a strong attention to detail. High ethical standards.