Credit P&L Controller, Global Markets Operations
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career opportunity in an international, challenging business environment characterized by high pace and diversity with focus on creating valuable relations with our customers. We offer a competitive salary & benefits package and also an excellent work environment where you’re valued as part of our team!BNP Paribas
The BNP Paribas Group is a leader in banking and financial services, employing over 185,000 people across 75 countries and 5 continents. At BNP Paribas, we work continuously on behalf of our clients, helping them to realise their projects around the world. You can be an important part of this, helping us to serve our clients both in mature and emerging markets, providing them with financial solutions across a diverse range of expertise, products and services. Our origins lie in Europe but nearly a quarter of our employees now work in our multi-award-winning Asian offices and we are a committed player in all APAC markets.
In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas has been present in the region for over 150 years and plans to grow its business from €2bl EUR to €3bl EUR by the end of 2016. With 9,000 employees in the region and a presence in 14 markets (with 3 main centres in Hong Kong, Singapore and Tokyo), BNP Paribas offers you the chance to grow with us in Asia Pacific.
The Credit P&L Team provides a full and dedicated support to the Credit Trading business.
The position offered is a Product Controller role for the Credit Trading desks in Hong Kong and Tokyo. The role will encompass daily P&L responsibilities and the successful candidate will need to fully understand and explain the key P&L drivers.
- Producing daily P&L and its Explain based on the Official P&L systems
- Reconciling P&L to Front office estimates
- Working with Front Office and Market Risk to finalize month end P&L
- Ensuring the monthly P&L's are consistent with the final end of month general ledger P&L
- Liaising with Front Office, Trade Support, Operations to resolve operational and booking issues
- Answering and resolving Trader's queries in timely and efficient manner
- Involve in Global Projects, system UAT
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
- Degree holder in Finance, Economics, Mathematics or related discipline. Fresh Graduates may also be considered
- Theoretical or practical knowledge of financial markets with emphasis on Fixed Income products.
- Strong Excel/PC /Systems
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and to adapt to change
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines
- Attention to detail and accuracy imperative
- Strong capacity to adapt to the changing environment
- CFA/FRM candidates is an advantage
- VBA knowledge