Technology - L3 Senior Network Security Operations Administrator, Associate, Hong Kong
- Hong Kong
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Morgan Stanley
- 19 sept. 17
See job description for details
This is an opportunity for a highly motivated individual to join a high energy team of security administrators responsible for managing Morgan Stanley’s email gateway and global security infrastructure.
The diversity of IT Security products & technologies under management provides for a learning experience that will satisfy even the ones the most eager to learn.
The position is fast paced, dynamic, challenging where a varied combination of technical skills and soft skills allows for the development of a well-rounded individual/professional. This position is to be part of a global team (NY, Montreal , HK and India) reporting to the Security Operations Manager in HK.
- Level 3 operational support for Network Security Products and Services: Firewalls (Juniper/Fortinet); Intrusion Detection System; Network Access Control; Network Behavior Analysis; Email gateway; etc.
- All aspects in operation support including deployment and configuration, troubleshooting advanced issues and working with Engineering/Vendor
- Implementing monitoring of products and services to ensure a healthy infrastructure
- Procuring, shipping and remotely managing the installation and decommissioning of the security hardware
- Heavy coordination with other teams involved in Global DMZ build-outs in the firm including Network Team, Data Center teams, etc
The non-technical aspects:
- Coordinating and leading the response of technology problems and incidents
- Customer service. Including off hour coverage via cell phone/pager (oncall system, ~every 8 weeks)
- Creation/supplementation of Operational Runbooks
- Aligning global strategies with regional needs and demands
- Training teammates
- Interacting with service members of the networking, systems, e-business and PC support groups in major metropolitan regions across the globe.
- Knowledge and experience with network security infrastructure (e.g., configuring firewalls, e-mail gateway, Network Access Control, etc)
- Knowledge of packet filtering, stateful packet inspection
- Scripting in any of the popular languages (Shell, Perl, Python)
- Knowledge of fundamental on networking (e.g. routing, switching, VLANs, VPNs, etc)
- Experience with host security (e.g., IPTables).
- Familiarity with incident response techniques
- Active interest in IT Security and general knowledge of Information Security
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Fluent English is required
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; capable of writing documentation, making presentations to internal audience, and interacting positively with management, colleagues and customers.
- Independent problem-solving, highly motivated and self-directing
- Comfortable working in an operations and support team with heavy end user interaction
- Ability to handle constantly changing flow of traffic; remain productive during slow times, be able to multitask effectively during busy times, exercise patience and professionalism during stressful situations.
Having skills and experience in the areas below is a major plus and will help the candidate integrate with the team and environment:
- Experience with any of the firewall platforms: Juniper Netscreen & SRX, Fortinet.
- Understanding of Networking and routing protocols (e.g. static routing; BGP; etc)
- Networking fundamentals (OSI model, TCP Stack, Network design)
- Experience using intrusion detection/prevention solutions
- Experience in customer support and experience in interacting with business
Two to Three years of network security administration experience; preferably in the Financial Services sector.