Head of Development, Application Services for Leading Insurance Company
- Exciting Salary Package
- Manille, National Capital Region, Philippines
- CDI, Plein-temps
- 05 juil. 17
We are a global search firm, headquartered in UK and are looking for Head of Application Development search for a major Financial Services client; a global organisation with a strong footprint in Asia. This role will be based in the Philippines. You will be an experienced and complete technologist with a track record of managing a high performing application development team. You will have strong communication skills and be a proven stakeholder manager, with an ability to work with different countries and cultures.
Head of Development, Application Services
• Delivery Services for various countries in Asia
• Application Operations & Support
• Testing Center of Excellence
Strategy & Planning
• Develops and executes functional plan for the group to support country IT teams and service centre goals
• Provide strategic leadership to the applications services team, ensuring the different application teams work together to provide quality services to BU’s
• Provide leadership for teams to build applications architecture roadmaps to address obsolescence, compliance and adoption of new technologies for business use.
• Leverage the wider shared service organization to deliver on the group’s goals.
• Ensure committed project timelines are met for all projects
• Ensure Service Level Agreements (SLAs) are met for Production support
• Ensure compliance to CMMI Development & other business partner processes by teams
• Develop, maintain and further relationships with CIOs and regional IT teams
• Manage vendor relationship at appropriate levels to ensure timely availability of resources for business partner projects.
• Develop metrics and provide ongoing status reports to senior management.
• Provide leadership, support and assistance to team members. Meet regularly with staff and directs the team to deliver on projects and actions
• Build and execute backup and succession plans
• Responsible for assisting recruiting, interviewing and hiring of staff. Ensure resource quality meets or exceeds expectation of business partners
• Interface and communicate efficiently with staff at all levels. Work with HR business partner to develop and recommend new or modified policies
• Responsible for timely completion of performance management process as per HR guidelines for the group
• Outlines the learning, education and development needs of the group. Work with L&D and Application Services leadership to implement training plans
• Work with finance to keep the billing rates competitive for business partners
• Responsible for management of P&L- control direct & indirect costs
• Accountable for chargeability and profitability of the engagement
• Ensure successful roll-out of local and global programs for the teams
• Ensure 100% adherence to company policies and compliance requirements. Acting in concert with Information security and compliance individuals and committees, ensure that sensitive project, customer and organizational sensitive are protected at all time
• Strong financial services back ground preferably from insurance
• Deep understanding of technology and vendors in financial services industry
• Practical understanding of development methodologies like Agile
• Demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through others. Ability to communicate with senior leadership and technical staff clearly and articulately, both written and verbal.
• Strong interpersonal communication skills and leadership to resolve conflicts
• Strong presentation skills for interacting with team members and clients.
• Strong knowledge of IT systems, practices, methodologies and latest market trends.
• Experience in digital technologies will be preferable
• Strong program management experience in leading portfolio of large complex projects
• Experience working with productivity and methodology tools that increase project and team efficiency and effectiveness.
• Ability to multi-task, deal with ambiguity. Navigate through the matrix and effect change.
• Experience in managing virtual team in a matrix organization.
• Ability to work in a team environment, collaborative effectively across various parts and levels of the organisation
• Ensure adequate coverage for the teams in Manila and business partners in Asia. Ability to flexible in work timings to support this objective
• Willingness of travel to various offices and or customer/vendor office as per business needs
• Willingness to support new initiatives and projects
• Engineering graduate preferably with MBA
• PMP (preferable)