AVP, Technical Accounting Group
- Singapour, Singapore
- CDI, Plein-temps
- 17 août 17
AVP, Technical Accounting Group
Barclays is a transatlantic consumer, corporate and investment bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management, with a strong presence in our two home markets of the UK and the US.
With over 325 years of history and expertise in banking, Barclays operates in over 40 countries and employs approximately 130,000 people. Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for customers and clients worldwide . Please visit our website here for more information.
Finance supports Barclays' business areas by providing accounting, advisory and reporting services. The strong control environment in which we operate is at the core of everything we do and is instrumental in the flawless execution of our services. Our main locations are in India, Singapore, UK and USA.
- Provide technical accounting guidance applicable to Barclays reporting.
- Support Finance and Business functions in understanding accounting applicable to their activities, products, and transactions and support relevant areas in assessment of judgemental accounting matters.
Technical accounting specialist working closely with others with expert knowledge responsible for providing advice, guidance and support in the following areas:
- Accounting issues management and resolution working across different businesses/areas of the banks and engaging multiple stakeholders. Requires strong networking and influencing skills to develop suitable relationships as well as strong communication and presentation capabilities to contribute effectively in meetings.
- Review of new transactions and new products including contributing to transaction development. This includes transactions by Barclays (purchases, disposals, investments of businesses etc) and those entered into with and for clients. Requires obtaining a full understanding of the business rationale and transaction economics then applying to each element of the transaction the appropriate accounting requirements as per the relevant internal and external standards.
- Support for the design and delivery of technical accounting training materials to Finance colleagues, other support functions and front office. Delivery of training requires high standard of presentation skills.
- Implementation of new accounting standards (e.g. IFRS 9, IFRS 15) and review and remediation as required for application of existing requirements. Demands ability to engage with colleagues in other functions to ensure that the new technical requirements are capable of being translated and implemented within Barclays systems.
- Oversight of technical accounting compliance for Barclays external reporting under quarterly timetable and other ad-hoc reporting.
- Qualified accountant with minimum 5 years post qualification experience.
- Demonstrated good understanding of banking products and relevant technical accounting concepts.
- Ability and demonstrated interest in understanding and applying technical accounting requirements under IFRS. It is not necessary to have a fully developed technical accounting knowledge as this will be expanded in-role, but existing capability and evidence of understanding of IFRS accounting requirements and their implications to products and transactions is required.
- Strong analytical skills and capability for self directed research and work, which is required in order to resolve technical accounting matters.
- Good communication skills (verbal and written) which is necessary to ensure that technical requirements are understood by clients and other stakeholders.
All Barclays colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards
Our customers deserve the best. The same goes for our employees. That's why at Barclays you'll receive a range of benefits that include a competitive salary and all the tools, technology and support you need to succeed.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. The values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our employees. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
Barclays is an equal opportunity employer and are opposed to discrimination on any grounds.For more detailed information, please visit our dedicated Diversity and Inclusion site here .