SVP/VP, ECL Accounting and Analytics, Group Finance
- Singapour, Singapore
- CDI, Plein-temps
- DBS Bank Limited
- 16 août 17
See job description for details
Group Finance aims to deliver world-class standards in reporting, financial planning and finance processes. We provide insights and analyses that help the bank make sound business decisions – whether in the areas of product development or customer profitability. We also provide capital management, business planning, forecasting, and tax and accounting advisory services.
The bank is also a certified Accredited Training Organisation (ATO) for the Singapore Qualification Programme by the Singapore Accountancy Commission and an Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) Approved Employer.
- Lead the team to build suitable, compliant and robust solutions for estimating general provisioning requirements under IFRS9. This role will be accountable for contributing in the model build/ maintenance exercise for retail and non-retail portfolios, data compilation, analysing ECL results, building diagnostics to explain ECL changes, maintaining and working on large datasets, documentation and presentation of IFRS9 results and estimates to the Senior Management
- Work on IFRS9 adjustments to generate reasonable and compliant general provisioning estimates for internal stakeholders (Risk, Finance, Audit and Validation) as well as for local and regional regulators
- Calculate and assess the general provisioning estimates and provide results for the Bank’s senior management and regulators on a periodic basis
- Lead on running the IFRS9 engine, analysing the outputs, presenting assessments and working on large datasets
- Produce and maintain documentation or white papers where necessary
- Ensure the robustness and reliability of the estimates generated by the IFRS9 engine.
- Work with consultants to support the development of the advanced IFRS 9 modelling techniques for the entire DBS Bank’s portfolio (banking book)
- Provide regular updates and ECL assessments to the Bank’s Senior Management to support decision making process
- Work on data sourcing and compilation to feed in the IFRS9 calculation engine, construct working templates for BAU general provisioning estimation, MEV sensitivity analysis and MAS Disclosure
- Provide analytical support for the proposed IFRS9 model
- Lead on addressing regulatory, Model Validation, Internal Audit and External Audit related questions by providing ECL assessments and ad-hoc sensitivity assessments
- Assist in enhancing the existing methodology, also keeping simplicity in sight
- Assign appropriate treatment to individual Basel estimates (namely, PD, LGD and EAD) as well as for the portfolios on Standardised Approach – keeping the portfolio types in consideration for both non-retail and retail products
- Construct and finalize working templates for BAU general provisioning estimation, MEV sensitivity analysis, and MAS Disclosure
- Run SAS programs to generate IFRS9 compliant provisioning estimates for DBS Group by geography, asset class, exposures and other necessary breakdowns
- Ensure appropriate maintenance of all the working files related to IFRS9 provisioning estimation.
- Conduct sufficiently detailed analysis to understand the changes in general provisioning estimates under different set of adjustments and assumptions
- Provide user requirements on the methodology to GPA data team / Technology team for system implementation
- Conduct User Acceptance Test before system roll-out
- Continue to provide support for Model Validation, Internal Audit, MAS and local regulatory requirements related work, also working closely with GTAP
- University degree holder with more than 10 years of relevant working experience in Financial Industry
- Solid understanding of risk modelling areas (e.g. Basel Pillar 1 models, economic capital models as well as stress testing models). Knowledge in IFRS 9 ECL modelling will be a plus
- Strong analytical skills and IT skills (SAS and Excel)
- Strong leadership and possess ability to engage diverse stakeholders
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) and Microsoft Visio
- Team player with good inter-personal and communications skills
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.