Manager, Accounting Policy - Insurance
- Édimbourg, Ecosse, Royaume-Uni
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Meraki Talent
- 19 sept. 17
Meraki Talent are currently recruiting for a Manager, Accounting Policy - Insurance on behalf of one of the world’s largest asset management organisations.
This is a strategic hire for the business and the successful candidate will have great exposure to various senior management teams.
Your key task will be to monitor and develop accounting policy for key Insurance clients using a cutting-edge investment platform. There is very little production work as the focus of the role will be to consult clients on IFRS9 implications. There is also good potential to build a team as the demands on the team get bigger.
The company reward hard work and success and have many recent examples from various parts of the business. You will have a clear path for progression and will be rewarded with a great financial package.
Some of the duties will include:
- Develop and manage investment reporting for clients and prospects. Drive the communication of these strategies. Assist with, and inform, the implementation of mandates.
- Keep abreast of the implications of the regulatory, accounting and capital framework on decisions made by insurance companies, specifically technical knowledge of IFRS 9 and Solvency II, with the ability to present to clients on these topics.
- Develop and enhance client relationships
- Become proficient at accessing and planning the use of resources for the benefit of both clients and the firm
- Support business growth and client retention within the insurance sector.
- Identify opportunities for the provision of new services.
Background of the Manager, Accounting Policy - Insurance:
- Several years’ experience of insurance and accounting with a professional qualification
- Excellent knowledge of the business models of Insurance companies in the EMEA, the regulatory and accounting constraints under which they operate and the local application of insurance regulation, fund regulation and IFRS accounting.
- A core understanding of the operation and applicability of IFRS 9 and Solvency II to insurance companies.
- Ability to lead initiatives across the business with a regulatory focus – IFRS 9 and Solvency II