Business Manager - Operations
- Glasgow, Ecosse, Royaume-Uni
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Charles Levick
- 14 août 17
My client, a leading Investment Bank, is looking to recruit a dynamic AVP to join the bank as a Business Manager to provide dedicated support to GMO COO RM and to partner with the Global Operations COO Office. This is an exciting role which has a senior audience and can offer a clear path to VP.
My client, a leading Investment Bank, is looking to recruit a dynamic AVP to join the bank as a Business Manager to provide dedicated support to GMO COO RM and to partner with the Global Operations COO Office.
This is an exciting role which has a senior audience and can offer a clear path to VP.
Operations is an exciting and fast-moving function. More than 10,000 employees work in Operations, across 17 countries and 30 cities, supporting millions of financial transactions, worth billions of pounds. They cover the full spectrum of financial products, from bonds and equities to swaps and options. The environment is continually changing and Operations plays a key role in driving market initiatives and regulatory changes.
The focus of the role includes:
* Forecast and budget management (£120 million)
* Managing costs versus annual budget target. Complete annual budget submission and periodic forecasts as required.
* Vendor Management.
* Managing all areas of spend and control - for example new consultancy requests, invoicing and purchase orders, cost reports for Travel, Overtime, Market Data and Communications, monitoring the compliance and progress of Mandatory Block leave and Mandatory Training and management of the GMO cost centre/reporting hierarchy
* Prepare reports for monthly and quarterly financial reviews with the GMO Management team
* Partnering with our Finance reps to enhance and develop robust financial reporting tools
* Manage the budget, YTD spend and forecasting for GMO including budget transfers, attrition, leavers and joiners.
* Arrange/chair various meetings that involves global planning exercises across GMO related to headcount and financial strategy.
* Acting as the global controller and co-ordinator (UK, Europe, Asia and Americas) for any direct staff and non-staff costs related inquiries/approvals, e.g. under-/overspend versus YTD budget, location strategy, travel, professional fees, and market data.
* Monitor and provide updates on progress of Location Strategy delivery versus plans, highlighting risks and issues.
* Identifying and managing in conjunction with the business area heads - business hotspots, projects to increase efficiency and cost/budget reviews.
* Acting as an escalation point for mandatory block leave, overdue training and BCM for GMO
* Prepare reporting for global financial review meetings with Global COO to discuss monthly and year-to-date to include but not limited to actuals vs. forecast variances, run rates, investment programmes.
* Articulate and explain financial and headcount variances/discrepancies.
* Engage with our finance partners to enhance and streamline daily processes including but not limited to forecasting, accruals and invoice management, etc.
* Ad Hoc reporting and requests for financial analysis.
* FTE headcount & contingent labor administration - tracking and reporting.
* Support for hiring managers with regards to consultant on-boarding procedures and process.
* Validation and approval of new hires, transfers and terminations for all resource types.
Required Skills & Experience:
* Bachelor's Degree.
* Extensive industry experience - with exposure to senior level stakeholder management / communication.
* Extensive knowledge of finance, strategy and planning.
Preferred Skills & Experience:
* Due to the nature of this role, it could also be beneficial if this person was Qualified ACCA or finance background.
* Ability to manage a broad and changing priorities in a highly productive fashion.
* Detail oriented with ability to manage across multiple priorities in short timeframes.
* Ability to quickly understand complex issues/problems and to outline those into higher level messages.
* Self-motivated and comfortable to work with limited direction.
* Excellent MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint - i.e. solid Excel skills to aggregate information up for management.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills for daily interaction with Business Management peers and managers.
* Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail - proven ability to manipulate and interpret data quickly and accurately to draw insightful conclusions and present findings effectively to a senior audience.