C++ Technical Lead - Executive Director
- Glasgow, Ecosse, Royaume-Uni
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Morgan Stanley
- 19 sept. 17
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Institutional Securities Technology (IS Tech) develop and oversee the overall technology strategy and bespoke technology solutions to drive and enable the Institutional businesses and enterprise-wide functions. Our clients include Fixed Income, Equities, Commodities, Investment Banking, Research and Global Capital Markets as well as Operations, HR and Corporate Services.
Listed Sales and Trading has a significant global footprint, numbering over 100 people spread across various timezones. We cover multiple technical disciplines, with shared infrastructure, front-end and server development, and our systems are used by the majority of Sales and Traders in Equities and Listed Derivatives worldwide, and we are expanding to cover other asset classes in time.
This is an opportunity to work on high profile trading systems that execute a significant amount of flow for the firm across various divisions. This is a high-throughput, real-time trading system responsible for the trading of Stocks, Listed Derivatives, etc.
The candidate will be part of the Listed Sales and Trading Technology team within the Institutional Equity Technology division. The team is 180 members globally, including 12 in Glasgow. We are responsible for systems used by over 2,500 employees in sales and trading to capture order instructions from clients electronically and via phone, route those orders to execution venues and manage the full status of all orders in real time from entry to exit from Morgan Stanley. The core Carbon/ATOM system will be extended throughout 2017 / 2018 with new functionality and rolled out to more desks to replace the current variety of legacy platforms.
The system is comprised of C++ applications running on Linux, with C# and Java trading front ends that run on our users' desktops. We work in a global team environment, and thus require someone who can share ideas and express themselves well.
Skills required (essential):
- Excellent knowledge of C++ ideally including multi-threading programming
- Strong experience in designing and deploying mission critical, infrastructure software that runs in a real-time, multi-threaded environment
- Strong experience in application server design / development including receiving data streams from disparate sources, processing/enriching that data, and feeding multiple downstream systems
- Working knowledge of messaging, pub/sub, and/or market data distribution systems
- Working knowledge of SOAP / XML / WSDL
- Working knowledge of SQL
- Strong Unix/Linux Skills
- Strong debugging skills
- Design patterns
- Performance analysis
- Experience supporting distributed systems in a highly complex, high-urgency environment
- Ability to troubleshoot / follow a methodical approach to problem resolution
- Interpersonal skills / good verbal & written skills required to interact with global teams
- Highly motivated, analytical thinking individual, who can work in a demanding, multi-tasking environment
- Ability to manage tasks and plan deliverables (project planning) in a structured manner
- Working knowledge of Equity market structure, regulatory rules, etc.
- Working knowledge of FIX protocol
- Working knowledge of equity trading application experience
The salary of this role is competitive. The closing date for all applications is 23/09/2017
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.*LI-KT1