ACA Rotation - Banking
- GBP50000 - GBP55000 per annum
- Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Marks Sattin FS
- 04 sept. 17
A leading UK and International Banking Group are looking for a select number of Newly Qualified Accountants
A leading UK and International Banking Group are looking for a select number of Newly Qualified Accountants to join them on an ACA rotation scheme. This is an unique opportunity to gain exposure to all areas of the bank and kick start your career in Banking. The aim of this rotation is to build a group of bright, well rounded people that can be the future leaders within the business. The role sits within the Treasury Finance team in which you would get involved in:
- Product Control
- Financial Control
- Hedge Accounting
Within these roles you will gain good exposure to all areas of the bank and work closely with the front office whilst gaining great treasury product knowledge and a technical grounding as well as commercial understanding of how the bank works and working closely with high level internal stakeholders. Each rotation will last roughly 9/12 months and after 3 rotations you would be looking to take on a more permanent position within one of the teams within a management role.
Your day to day will vary dependent on your current role, you will get involved in:
- Growing the business, by assisting in and developing the department's key functions of reporting, to improve - efficiency, accuracy, comprehension and review.
- Acting as the key contact point for their Front office desk
- Supporting, developing and integrating new products into the reporting and MI suite ensuring any issues are escalated to senior management.
- Money Market products knowledge (understanding the products and their booking and accounting) of bonds, loans and deposits, interest rate and currency swaps, call and current accounts, nostros and any other money market related derivatives trading.
- Taking ownership of the Balance Sheet & P&L reporting and control
- Playing an active part in the group's liability management exercises (i.e. capital issuance, restructures and repurchases) and being the finance subject matter expert within the team undertaking the exercises.
- Working closely with the Capital Management desk to understand their trading strategies and risks.
- Proactively building and managing relationships facing the business and other internal clients within Finance, Risk, Operations, Internal Audit and IT.
- Maintaining and improving the control environment within the team with focus on adherence to policies, SOX requirements as well as any internal audit action points.
- Continuously reviewing operating processes to drive efficiencies; reducing non-core tasks, reduce duplication, ensure core production is automated
- Managing stakeholder expectation, especially at key reporting periods. Ensure any issues are flagged ahead of time, be proactive in identifying issues and providing constructive solutions
- May be responsible for production, analysis, explanation and reporting of the daily, weekly and monthly profit and loss
- Developing MI and KPI for management reporting purposes as well as for sharing with our internal clients - the MI may range from breaks summary to fair value hierarchy analysis. Refine these MI and KPI over time as the business evolves
To be a successful candidate you will be an exceptionally motivated, recently qualified ACA who is looking to work within banking. You will have good technical knowledge and the ability to build relationships with high level stakeholders. Banking client experience is a positive, but for this opportunity, an interest and motivation to work in a bank is essential.
The successful applicant will benefit from working in a close knit team, who are dedicated to providing support to deliver goals. Training is available on products / applications as necessary and is keenly supported to underpin their skill set and develop high performing individuals.