- Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni
- CDI, Plein-temps
- 14 août 17
This is an exciting opportunity to join the team at Alma, a well-known Luxury leather manufacturer specialising in high-end leather goods and accessories. Alma is part of a vibrant community in the East of London and is recruiting for an Accountant to join their team. It's an exciting time to join Alma at a time of progressive change within the company, and will give you the opportunity to develop your career and contribute to the direction of the team as we adapt to new working practices.
The job comprises of the following:
• Managing completion of the annual budget process for responsible companies, according to the budget process timetable.
• Update and maintain the monthly budgets and compare them to actual.
• Review of coding of all transactions to ensure consistent with budgets and that they are correctly allocated, ensuring management accounts are accurate.
• Production of monthly management accounts, analysis and commentary for three main companies and consolidate those accounts into one board finance pack. Meet with the Finance Director to present.
• Completion of monthly balance sheet reconciliations to ensure full control and understanding.
• Be responsible for ensuring that all financial data is input into Sage 200 in timely and accurate manner.
• Be responsible for completion of VAT returns and EC Sales lists.
• Processing and raising of invoices (sales and purchases) and expenses - authorisation, processing, and setting up for payment without supervision
• Preparation of bank and petty cash and all other balance sheet reconciliations
• Reconciling intercompany transactions
• Liaise with auditors, including the preparation of audit files.
• Dealing with credit control - Approving all new sales orders raised from a credit control point of view.
• Prepare weekly sales reporting for the sales director.
• Analysing current systems at Alma and implementing new systems to make the company work more efficiently and effectively.
What you'll need to succeed:
• In order to succeed you will need to be an academically excellent candidate with a 2:1 or above from a good University. You will need to have strong communication skills and good work ethic, along with that you will also need to have Accounting experience preferably in a small company.
• You must have an excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
• Part qualified accountant or "qualified by experience"
• Knowledge of Sage 200 would be an advantage.
• Possess excellent time and self-management skills.
• Ability to work calmly under pressure.
• Technically strong, possessing a complete understanding of standard accounting policies