Assistant Director, TAS - (FSO) Transaction Support
- Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni
- CDI, Plein-temps
- 06 sept. 17
Job Title: Assistant Director, TAS - (FSO) Transaction Support Location: London Salary: Competitive
The Infrastructure Corporate Finance team is part of Ernst & Young's Lead Advisory Group, which sits within Transaction Advisory Services. The team has grown significantly over the last few years and is looking for an additional Senior professional (AD or Director level) to join the team in London or another major UK City (e.g. Manchester). The ideal candidate will have both Infrastructure Corporate Finance and Project Finance experience.
The Infrastructure Corporate Finance team advises Infrastructure funds, Construction companies, Property Developers, Government, Transport companies and Lenders on substantial transactions, e.g:
- Financing / Finance raising
- Transaction and Finance structuring
- Buy- or Sell-side M&A advice
- Complex procurement
The team also works closely with other parts of EY including the restructuring, tax and accounting teams to provide clients with an integrated service.
Roles and responsibilities
Reporting directly to clients and Partners (and / or Directors in the case of an AD), the AD / Director will typically lead / co-lead small client-focused teams to provide corporate finance advice:
- Develop effective funding strategies and financial structuring solutions for transactions.
- Lead sell side mandates, identifying target bidders, leading the transaction process and negotiating commercial terms.
- Manage buy side mandates, identifying targets and working with clients to structure transactions and achieve best terms
- Advise creditors and borrowers on effective restructuring of complex or stressed situations.
- Lead the development of complex financial and structuring analysis, advising clients on financial structures, viability, valuation, sensitivity and scenario analysis.
- Deliver sales proposals to target clients, attend and participate in sales presentations.
- Share technical knowledge within the group.
- An accountancy, finance, banking and / or engineering qualification
- Extensive experience and contacts within the project finance and infrastructure markets
- Energetic, lateral thinker with an enquiring mind and a commercial approach
- High degree of personal drive and motivation to succeed
- Highly numerate with an analytical approach, at ease with financial modelling and analysis
- Good communicator and highly articulate (written and verbal)
- Experienced and committed to business development with an ability to identify and deliver opportunities in a collaborative manner
- Continuously developing and engaging successful relationships within client organisations.
- Identifying appropriate, profitable selling opportunities with existing/potential clients.
- Presenting to clients and conveying persuasive conclusions and arguments.
- Working with clients to take proposals to market, identifying target funders or partners and presenting opportunities in the most effective way, negotiating and structuring transactions with other professionals to a successful completion.
- Using existing 'anchor relationships' and supporting the process of winning new clients for EY services beyond project finance.
- Strong team player with an ability to build effective working relationships and motivate individuals, organisations and clients.
- Management of small teams, including performance appraisals.
- Line management, counselling and coaching experience.
Who we are
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.