Investment Analyst - Leading Infrastructure Fund, London
- Market Compensation
- Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni
- CDI, Plein-temps
- One Search
- 20 janv. 17
This is an opportunity to join an established team that has a main investment focus in Infrastructure with a sub focus in Utilities and Real Estate.
An established investment manager which invests across infrastructure and energy. They are looking to add a strong candidate to their investment team. It operates worldwide from an array of offices including London, New York and Paris. With over 150 professionals it manages over US$10bn of equity capital in multiple private and listed funds, primarily for institutional investors across the globe.
Since inception over 20 years ago, they have invested in more than 300 transactions and launched over 20 funds including companies listed on the London Stock Exchange. To date, over half a dozen of these funds have been completely or materially realised.
Not only is this an opportunity to join a solid infrastructure investor but there is also a clear route to partnership. The firm has invested heavily within the European infrastructure space and intend to leverage off this success in the next period of fundraising.
You will be closely involved in the appraisal of investment opportunities in the European infrastructure and energy sector. You will also be expected to take on asset management responsibilities with respect to investments in the funds’ portfolios, with a view to maximising the performance of such investments.
Working as an Analyst within the team, the role will involve the following:
- Semi-annual valuations of the portfolios, together with review of financial model updates from project companies;
- In depth examination of the investment portfolio to identify savings and other value enhancements such as refinancing;
- Updating fund forecast models to look at future projections for business planning, modelling of equity returns and key commercial and financial inputs (including debt facilities and further equity capital raisings);
- Support the origination, analysis, structuring, documentation and execution of infrastructure investment opportunities with a primary focus on Europe, with flexibility to work across other target regions;
- Other analytical, research and modelling support for the team including competitor analysis and market reviews;
- Assist in managing and reviewing all due diligence and structuring work-streams including the management of financial, legal and technical advisers;
- Assist in preparation of presentations of investment opportunities to the investment committee;
- Participate as required in reporting processes.
The appropriate candidate will have at least 6 months to 3 years’ experience in one (or more) of the following areas: Infrastructure, utilities, power, real estate, renewable energy and natural resources. You will also have strong training from a respectable platform.
Beyond that, you will possess the following attributes:
- Excellent financial modelling skills, with an eye for accuracy;
- Analytically rigorous and detail oriented particularly with regards to numerical analysis, legal documentation and written reports;
- Able to grasp the key commercial drivers in relation to existing assets and new transactions, including what the key drivers are for value enhancement;
- Able to synthesize complex matters effectively and concisely;
- Have an enthusiastic and tenacious approach with a strong commitment to learning;
- Able to manage involvement in a number of simultaneous initiatives, deliver work to agreed deadlines, and work well with a variety of individuals across a complex and evolving business;
- Educated to a degree level and above and can demonstrate a strong academic record.
The successful candidate may also demonstrate some of the following personal attributes:
- Problem solving oriented and keen to use personal initiative
- Evidence of strong numerical, writing and communication skills
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other financial data terminals
- Ability to work both autonomously and as part of a team
If you think your profile is relevant to this role, then please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org