Team Lead, Financial Reporting, Fund Accounting
- Lieu de travail : Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni
- Salaire : Competitive
- Type de contrat : Plein-temps
The role is within Northern Trust’s growing UK Fund Accounting team. This team looks after more than 10% of all UK Authorised Funds for numerous Fund Management clients. The role is to work within UK Financial Reporting oversight team. The successful applicant will be responsible for a team that have the oversight and sign off of all client’s Report & Accounts and distributions. Excellent engagement with global FR teams is required.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
- To run a team responsible for overseeing the review & sign off of UK Funds interim and final report and accounts that have been produced in another location. This will include sign-off of distribution rates and proofing of SORP accounts to the required standard.
- Communicate professionally & effectively with other NT Departments, Trustees/Depositaries, Custodians, Auditors, and Clients (the Fund Management Companies to which we provide a service), ensuring that they are more than satisfied at all times.
- To deliver a quality service to our clients and take the necessary corrective and preventative actions to ensure all KPI deadlines and quality standards are met.
- Support the development of the production jurisdiction and actively provide feedback on performance to local managers.
- Continually assess the oversight team’s processes to improve efficiency, reduce risk or cost, as well as assisting in the enhancement of revised departmental procedures for use as a training tool.
The successful candidate will benefit from having:
- The applicant should currently hold a Section Manager or senior analyst or senior accountant position, or previously held that position within another financial services environment.
- As an absolute minimum the job holder should have passed the required FCA Training & Competence exams (or have been “Grandfathered”); however, additional qualifications are expected.
- Excellent interpersonal skills for liaising with other members within their team, other internal department, Trustees/Depositaries, Custodians, Auditors and the Fund Management Companies to which we provide a service.
- Able to work under pressure to achieve the timetabled deadlines for delivery to our client’s deliverables, with a mature approach.
Possess strong written skills with numerical and computer literacy - including strong spread sheet skills with Excel plus Word, Lotus Notes and Invest One Enterprise.
- An excellent knowledge of the FCA regulations that impact Unit Trusts and OEICs (COLL & FUND), and of the Investment Association SORP.
About Northern Trust
For more than a century, Northern Trust has worked hard building our legacy of outstanding service, expertise and integrity. From a Chicago-based bank founded in 1889, we now have more than 20 international locations and 16,500 employees globally. We serve the world’s most-sophisticated clients – from sovereign wealth funds and the wealthiest individuals and families, to the most-successful hedge funds and corporate brands.
We burnished our reputation as a global leader delivering innovative investment management, asset and fund administration, fiduciary and banking solutions enabled by sophisticated, leading technology. And through it all, we continually laid a solid, forward-looking foundation on which future generations can continue growing and achieving greater.
Northern Trust proudly cultivates a diverse workforce, to serve our diverse client base. We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company. We encourage applications from the best regardless of ethnicity, gender, gender identity, age, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, education, socio-economic background, parental and caring status, or religion.
As of March 31, 2017, Northern Trust Corporation had:
- $121 billion in banking assets
- $7.1 trillion in assets under custody
- $8.9 trillion in assets under custody/administration
- $1.0 trillion in assets under management