Vice President, Accounting Policy
- Competitive, plus bonus
- Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Lawbrook Finance
- 15 août 17
Our client is a global tier one investment bank based in Canary Wharf. The corporate accounting policy team supports and advises the business on a variety of policy issues across all lines of business throughout the EMEA region.
The Accounting Policy team has a number of specific duties which include:
- Providing technical support to senior management and businesses on accounting and control related matters.
- Developing and implementing accounting policies and monitoring policy exceptions.
- Implementing new accounting standards.
- Representing the Firm in external forums, including meetings with standard-setters, regulators, external auditors and industry groups.
The team is seeking a Vice President to work as part of its London team specializing in International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS). The initial focus of the role will be to assist the Firm with its implementation of IFRS 9 Financial Instruments, as well as be a partner with the legal entity controllers and product controllers on general IFRS issues and application
- Assist in the implementation of new accounting standards.
- Provide technical accounting support for business- or corporate-aligned activities as well as large or unusual transactions, partnering with internal business and finance teams.
- Monitor developments in accounting standards and represent the Firm at relevant industry forums.
- Develop and maintain corporate accounting policies.
- Prepare and conduct internal education sessions on accounting standards and policies.
- 7 or more years of experience in a technical accounting department, preferably in a financial institution or Big 4 accounting firm covering financial institutions.
- Detailed working knowledge of IFRS, particularly in relation to financial instruments. A reasonable working knowledge of US GAAP is also preferable.
- Enthusiasm and energy to work to tight deadlines and to handle competing demands.
- Ability to understand and analyse complex transactions.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to clearly and concisely articulate technical accounting issues.
- Chartered Accountant, CPA or equivalent.