Senior Manager, Finance Strategy
The Senior Manager, Strategic Finance role for Silicon Valley Bank is responsible for driving financial alignment around strategic priorities at a corporate level. She/he will report to the Director of Financial Planning and will be integral to ensure strategic financial alignment across the organization. This includes effective project financial management from business case development through to project benefits realization assessment, and financial oversight of workforce and real estate planning; advising management on the opportunities and risks identified within the plan.
The successful candidate will possess extensive finance expertise, outstanding strategic and analytical acumen, and will be a trusted advisor to key executive stakeholders; delivering timely, accurate and complete information accompanied by insightful analysis. This role requires an individual with analytical experience in developing forecast models that drive strategic business decision and performance management. This individual will partner closely with the Group Finance Officers to ensure consistent alignment of strategic initiatives across all business units at SVB.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Providing direction and leadership in ensuring sound project financial management that produces visibility and transparency into each project's financial costs and benefits, and overall management to the corporate project funding
- Coordinating with the ePMO in ensuring visibility of project spend and management to the aggregate project funding availability
- Ensure project financial analysis, including ROI calculations, NPV projections, and project capital and operating budgeting are consistent and accurate
- Coordinate the strategic planning process across the organization and ensure recognition of prioritized initiatives are captured within the long-range strategic plan
- Partnering with the Real Estate and location strategy team to ensure alignment of strategies to financial targets
- Perform other specific duties and responsibilities and special projects as required or assigned by the Director of Financial Planning.
- 8 - 10 years of finance experience
- Candidate must show ability to communicate directly and work effectively in a complex work environment, including the ability to interact well with senior leaders in the organization, including business leads and executives
- Possess excellent organization and problem-solving skills and the ability to independently prioritize multiple tasks bringing projects to completion
- Be able to sustain productivity in a fast-paced environment, maintaining composure and focus under pressure and deadlines
- Display strong leadership skills and ability to influence at senior leadership levels
- Strong work ethic, good judgment, initiative and attention to detail in order to anticipate future business needs and proactively engage with potential stakeholders
- Display strong analytical and problem-solving skills, as well as demonstrate ability to independently identify and resolve problems or take advantage of opportunities
- Possess strong working knowledge of financial concepts and major economic trends and understanding of finance, as well as ability to apply that knowledge strategically
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in a quantitative discipline such as Accounting or Finance
- Excellent leadership, analytical, communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in applicable Microsoft Office applications, Axiom EPM a plus, and Hyperion Essbase