Senior Analyst, Data Project Management - Operations
AmericanExpress Global Commercial Services (GCS) is a Global leader in the CommercialPayments Solutions space and continues to be an exciting and fast-growingbusiness dedicated exclusively to the success of businesses globally. TheGlobal Business Financing (GBF) team is composed of non-card lending solutions(Merchant Financing, Working Capital Terms, Business Loans, and Supply ChainFinancing). The teams mission is to become the leading working capitalprovider for our Small and Medium Enterprise customers globally.
WithinGlobal Business Financing (GBF), our organization owns the strategy, P&L,and develops products, features and capabilities for digital products for fastgrowing segments of the American Express business
EssentialFunctions and Responsibilities:
- Gather data from customers and coordinate efforts of multiple parties (other departments, 3rd party vendor, etc.) for the purpose of bringing a customer project to completion.
- Manage multiple customers project at any given time. Develop project schedules which will detail specific tasks to be accomplished, by whom, and by when.
- Adhere to schedule and be sensitive to any factors that may require change(s) to schedule. Provide progress report to all parties involved.
- Respond, in a timely manner, to requests from customers and co-workers.
- Responsible for updating customer records in database which tracks customer projects.
- Make recommendations to customer on what service offerings we have that would best address their needs.
- Learn new ACOMPAY software features/enhancements on an on-going basis.
- Follow appropriate escalation process in addressing issues dealing with customer project.
- Provide suggestions on how to improve existing processes to increase departments efficiency.
- Previous exposure to Banking industry (terminology, compliance, payment method protocol, etc.)
- Previous exposure to ERP workflow and dependency particularly in Accounting/Finance
- SQL database experience should understand how data is stored and retrieved in order to support product and generate reports
- Basic understanding of data manipulation techniques (mapping, translating, converting data from one format to another)
- Experienced with MS Office Suite.
- Five (3) years industry experience
- Two (2) + years experience in project management a plus.
- Bachelors Degree
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to meet stringent deadlines.
- Preferred location Southern California/Long Beach Area
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions. Primary Location:
US-California-Long Beach Work Locations: Job:
American Express Company Schedule:
Full-time Job Posting:
May 19, 2020, 12:26:16 PM