VOTED TOP WORKPLACE 2018 & 2019
HORIZON ANALYTICS IS OUR COMPETITIVE ADVANTAGE
Who we are:
Pacific Mercantile Bank is unique from other business banks. While other banks are in the loan and deposit business, we are in the solutions business. We take the time to understand the business and the business owners objectives. We finance growth opportunities by providing innovative and customized banking solutions with a full range of loans, deposit and cash management products and services for our clients long-term success. We are dedicated to our mission Helping Companies Succeed.
What you bring to PMB:
You pride yourself in assisting the organizations mission to Helping Companies Succeed. You understand that great Team Members make a difference every day and are essential to the overall success of the organization. You are passionate about Human Resources, recruiting (internally and externally), and building careers. You are open to learning and coaching, and you are comfortable providing relevant, positive, and constructive feedback with the intention of helping one another succeed. You consider yourself a problem solver because youre always on the watch for processes that need improvement and you own it until it is resolved.
The Chief Appraiser is responsible for evaluating and managing bank-wide appraisal, valuation, environmental and inspection policies, standards, guidelines, techniques, processes and methods for conformance with policies, procedures, and applicable laws and regulations. This includes but is not limited to developing work standards; writing policy, procedure, handbooks, and manuals; and serving as an advisor to internal or external experts, appraisers, valuers, and technical consultants with significant interaction with a wide range of bank departments and executive staff members. In addition, researches, analyzes, and develops real, business and personal property appraisal systems, market and economic data research, stress testing of the CRE and C&I loan portfolios and serves as a technical consultant and expert advisor. Perform other duties as assigned and required.
Essential Job Duties
· Manages and performs detailed appraisals, valuations, evaluations, appraisal reviews, with primary focus being commercial real estate in the Southern California market area, but must be experienced in all property types and well as with all geographic areas nationally.
· Ability to serve as an expert on a wide range of collateral and credit risk issues.
· Ability to serve objectively, with independence, free from bias to accurately assess and evaluate collateral and credit risk exposures, as well as appropriate actions and mitigants to effectively and proactively reduce bank risk exposures.
· Perform detailed review and analysis of all types of commercial appraisal reports prepared by vendors, to ensure these appraisals meet applicable standards, guidelines and techniques for compliance with bank policies, procedures, applicable laws and regulations
· Assist in managing valuation assignments for commercial loans; including bidding and turn time negotiation, working closely with third party valuation vendors
· Proactively identifies high risk commercial markets/property types and trends and identifies solutions within the appraisal and review process based on this information
· Technical appraisal consultant to commercial business units and staff members
· Researches, compiles, and analyzes information regarding internally produced and external appraisals, work methods and techniques to determine the need for new programs, policies, procedures, and guidelines; analyzes existing or proposed legislation to determine the impact on valuation and appraisal functions; develops and implements new or revised appraisal procedures and systems to ensure compliance with technical standards and legal requirements; audits appraisals prepared by staff for consistency, accuracy, and to determine conformance to work standards.
· Prepares reports and makes recommendations to management regarding new or revised operational procedures or automated systems; writes departmental policies and procedures and updates manuals and other technical documents.
· Prepares and conducts technical training for staff on appraisal techniques, methods, and departmental policies.
· Ensures compliance with USPAP, state and federal banking, credit, valuation and appraisal regulations.
· Perform other tasks and duties as assigned.
Must be able to perform all the essential duties of the position satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Possession of a valid Appraiser's Certificate (Certified General) issued by the State of California.
· Twenty years experience in appraising complex commercial real estate property.
· Five years experience in review Appraising.
· Possession of a valid California Class C Driver's license is required.
· Expert knowledge of USPAP appraisal standards.
· MAI or equivalent appraisal designation preferred but not required.
· Minimum of a four year degree with an advanced degree (such as MBA or Masters) preferred.
· Ability to interpret and apply state and local laws governing the appraisal of real property; research and collect technical and statistical data; analyze data, draw conclusions, formulate strategies, and make recommendations; develop and implement programs, procedures, and policies; identify and resolve operating problems; understand and interpret technical information to management, technical staff, and the public; prepare narrative and statistical reports, manuals, and policies and procedures; identify training needs; train staff; make presentations to groups and individuals; establish and maintain working relationships with staff and the public; work independently.
Whats in it for you:
The best part, youll be partnering with a team of empowered professionals who lead by example and who reinforce strong values through collaboration, trust and the celebration of success.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, transitioning, transgender, national origin, color, disability, or protected veteran status.