Please Enable Cookies to Continue Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job. Returning Candidate? Underwriter Location US-CA-El Monte
Job ID 2020-7720
Position Type Full-Time
For more than 40 years, East West Bank has served as a pathway to success. With over 125 locations across the U.S. and Greater China, we are the premier financial bridge between the East and West. Our teams of experienced, multi - cultural professionals help guide businesses and community members on both sides of the Pacific looking to explore new markets and create new opportunities, and our sustained growth and expertise in industries like real estate, entertainment and media, private equity and venture capital, and high-tech help build sustainable businesses and expand our employees' potential for career advancement.
Headquartered in California, East West Bank (Nasdaq: EWBC) is a top performing commercial bank with an exclusive focus on the U.S. and Greater China markets. With assets of $44.2 billion, we've ranked among the 30 largest banks in the United States. And since 2010, we have been recognized by Forbes as one of the top 15 best banks in America. With a strong foundation, and enterprising spirit and a commitment to absolute integrity, East West Bank gives people the confidence to reach further.
East West Bank is currently seeking a underwriter. The Underwrtier is responsible for reviewing loan applications for completeness and accuracy, verifying supporting income, asset and liability documentation. The applicant is expected to demonstrate a sense of urgency, willingness to work cooperatively with others, and be an effective team player whose primary focus is to service customers, since this position is their main point of contact.
- Review and processes loan applications for Fannie Mae mortgage loans (e.g., opening escrow, ordering title reports, requesting information needed in order to complete loans)
- Uses knowledge of title conditions to work with Mortgage Loan Officers, escrow/title, and customers to resolve pending conditions and stipulations
- Obtains and reviews documents for compliance with loan conditions with the Mortgage Loan Offers (i.e., coordinates with buyers, sellers, title companies, escrow agents, surveyors and real estate agents to obtain additional documentation, complete loan submissions and perform closings)
- Maintains system accuracy, issues proper disclosures as required by federal regulatory compliance and reviews rate lock and point objectives for accuracy
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Minimum 3-5 years of Experience in mortgage loan processing or Underwriting.
- At least 5 years of computer experience, preferable with automated origination system
- Strong customer service skills and ability to manage difficult conversations to a successful outcome and positive customer experience
- Excellent organizational skills (ability to prioritize) preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills preferred
- Solid analytical and problem solving skills preferred
Options Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later. Share on your newsfeed Connect With Us! Not ready to apply? for general consideration. East West Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Reasonable accommodations for disability are provided to applicants and employees in accordance with applicable law.
Software Powered by iCIMS