Columbia Threadneedle Investments 2021 Summer Undergraduate Intern - Bank Loan Research
The Columbia Threadneedle Investments 2021 Summer Undergraduate Intern Program is designed to provide students with first-hand investment management experience. The U.S. Bank Loan Team focuses on the $1.25 trillion US leveraged loans market investing in this asset class through a number of investment strategies such as CLO's, total return funds and separately managed accounts. Our Los Angeles-based investment team has delivered successful investment outcomes for our investors through several credit cycles.
In addition to specific on-the-job learning, the program will also be supplemented with several networking opportunities and broad asset management overview sessions. Additionally, all interns will prepare a presentation based on their specific experience. Upon successful completion of the internship, full-time employment offers for the Columbia Threadneedle Investments Leadership Development Program may be extended. Responsibilities
• Review investment opportunities in the primary and secondary loan markets. Prepare credit recommendation memos incorporating financial, credit and relative value analyses.
• Monitor existing credits. Update credit recommendations and issuer models. Update credit tear-sheets after earnings.
• Assist research analysts in updating data for industry reviews and compiling summary industry credit stats. Required Qualifications
• Junior Status (Graduating between December 2021 and Spring 2022)
• Minimum 3.0 GPA
• Majors/Minors in Finance, Quantitative or Science fields including Finance, Economics, Computer Science, Statistics or Applied Mathematics Preferred Qualifications
• Student Leadership Experience
• High level of intellectual curiosity and aptitude for solving complex problems
• Exceptional quantitative, writing and presentation skills
• Demonstrated interest in financial markets