Please Enable Cookies to Continue Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job. Returning Candidate? Branch Manager - Jordan Downs/Watts Location US-CA-Los Angeles
Job ID 32574
# Positions 1
Job Family Branch Delivery - Branch Management
With more than 60 Southern California retail branches spanning from San Diego to Ventura County, OneWest Bank, a division of CIT Bank, N.A. (Member FDIC, Equal Housing Lender) offers local communities a full array of deposit and lending solutions for consumers and small businesses – both in-person and online. OneWest Bank’s parent, CIT Group Inc. is a financial holding company founded in 1908, CIT (NYSE: CIT).
We offer specialized local real estate and mortgage services with competitive rates, low down payment options and personalized service. Investing in the neighborhoods where we live and work, OneWest Bank is proud to be a growing presence here, supporting the day-to-day financial lives of our customers.
We’ve been recently recognized by several institutions for our “People First” commitment:
- 2020 Stevie® Award – for Ethics in Sales, Customer Service Success, and Innovation in Customer Service
- Bankrate – Top Regional Bank 2020
- Human Rights Campaign Foundation – Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality
As a key part of OneWest Bank’s strategic growth and expansion plans we are planning to open a new retail banking branch in Jordan Downs/Watts
We are seeking a highly motivated, hard-working, goal-oriented Branch Manager to join our expanding team. Someone who is excited by the unique opportunity this represents to build a branch from the ground up. You’ll get to work with a management team that has been in the business for 30+ years and is totally dedicated to helping you build relationships in the surrounding community and doing everything possible to help you exceed your goals and expectations.
If you share our passion for making a difference in people’s lives by helping them achieve their financial goals, we would love to meet you.
The Branch Manager (BM) is responsible for running a OneWest retail bank. The BM is responsible for creating a focused sales environment and delivering our bank’s exceptional “One Customer at a Time” service level. Branch Managers provide direct sales and service coaching and consistent feedback to all employees based on their observations and individual performance goals. The Branch Manager needs to be knowledgeable on all products and services provided through the branch, the call center, and online channels. They should be at least conversant regarding all other OneWest/CIT lines of business.
- Meet assigned performance objectives
- Lead a high-performing team and hold branch employees accountable for delivering results including recruiting, scheduling, training, coaching/mentoring, and executing performance evaluations
- Demonstrate a leadership presence within the community, representing OneWest’s commitment to the local communities we serve
- Work with Bank management and community partners to develop financial and investment programs that help meet the financial needs of low to moderate income households.
- Act as the key educational resource on affordable products, guidelines, and outreach; while offering to be a referral source for their clients.
- Represent the Bank in appropriate forums as champions of community Outreach and lending opportunities.
- Risk management, satisfactory compliance ratings, maintaining operational controls and integrity, and operating within all bank policies & procedures.
- Retail banking experience with at least 3 years in a leadership role
- Prior experience opening a new branch location and building a team from the ground up
- Previous community involvement in this local market and surrounding communities highly preferred
- A proven track record delivering great customer experiences and strong business performance
- Possess a strong cultivated network and established partnerships with local community and civic organizations
- Successful track record of coaching and mentoring colleagues to improved results
- Demonstrated understanding of the local community
- Proven track record of community involvement and demonstrated high visibility in community outreach
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred; High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Bi-lingual Spanish/English is a big plus
Options Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later. Share on your newsfeed
CIT is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity. It is the policy of CIT to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to their race or perceived race (including traits historically associated with race, such as hair texture and protective hairstyles), color, national origin, nationality, ancestry, citizenship, immigration status, age), sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), actual or perceived gender, gender identity, gender expression or transgender (including transgender individuals who are transitioning, have transitioned, or are perceived to be transitioning to the gender with which they identify), religion, creed, marital status, family status, domestic partnership or civil union status, affectional or sexual orientation, atypical hereditary cellular or blood trait, genetic information or predisposition or carrier status (including testing and characteristics), status as a victim of domestic violence, actual or perceived status as a caregiver,military service protected veteran status, mental or physical disability, perceived disability, record of disability, medical condition, AIDS and HIV status, or any other protected characteristic established by applicable federal, state, or local laws. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here: