Analyst / Associate, Portfolio Analytics, Risk and Reporting Los Angeles/en-US/Oaktree/job/Los-Angeles/Associate--Portfolio-Analytics--Risk-and-Reporting_2020-41/apply
Oaktrees Portfolio Analytics, Risk and Reporting department is seeking an individual to join our Closed-end strategy team to support (Analyst) / lead (Associate) the coverage of Oaktrees Emerging Markets Opportunities and Emerging Markets Debt Total Return strategies out of our Los Angeles office. This individual will partner with the Investment Team, Product Management, and Accounting to produce portfolio management reports, prepare client reports and prospect materials, as well as engineer and implement operational procedures to ensure that information is delivered accurately, consistently and on time.
- Serve as a subject matter expert on the strategies and resource to Product Specialists, Marketing Representatives, Portfolio Managers and Client Services;
- Successfully deliver analyses and reports to the Investment Team, prospects, consultants and clients by understanding Oaktrees complex, systematic investment process, markets invested in, financial instruments used and reporting processes;
- Evolve our reporting suite in response to, and in anticipation of, new strategies, client and industry demands;
- Coordinate, to the extent needed, the aggregation of data needed from other Oaktree departments, including Legal, Compliance, Accounting, and Marketing;
- Master system technology to learn to source data and create new data extracts. Review financial data for various Oaktree portfolios and develop charts and tables for presentations and publications;
- Conduct, as necessary, performance contribution/attribution analysis, and other reports at the request of members of Investment Teams, Marketing and Client Relations
- Associate: 3-5 years of experience at an Asset Management company, Investment Bank or other related financial services company.
- Analyst: 1-2 years of experience at an Asset Management company, Investment Bank or other related financial services company.
- Knowledge and understanding of Closed-end fund structures and performance metrics required for Associate, a plus for analysts.
- Familiarity with private equity, private debt or illiquid assets as well as credit instruments (high yield bonds, senior loans and convertible securities) is preferred
- Knowledge of relevant reporting outputs and metrics including portfolio accounting, performance reporting, risk metrics and portfolio characteristics.
- Familiarity with different portfolio aggregation perspectives: Region/Country breakdown, industry breakdown, maturity distributions, credit quality ratings.
- Comfortable and capable of working with portfolio managers, prospects and clients to understand and define reporting requirements.
- Experience analyzing financial data and metrics with enough familiarity to recognize potential issues.
- Experience managing and manipulating large amounts of data primarily using Microsoft Excel.
- Outstanding initiative and a strong work ethic.
- Ability to operate independently on short- and long-term goals.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to leverage firm wide resources in an effective and judicious manner.
- Detail-oriented and a natural problem solver; have the resolve to independently research problems and offer solutions.
- Organized and able to manage multiple projects with differing priorities to meet deadlines.
- Team-oriented and must possess strong integrity and professionalism and share Oaktrees common goal of excellence.
- Passion for improving systems and processes
Bachelors degree is required.
Equal Opportunity Employment Policy
Oaktree is committed to diversity and to equal opportunity employment. Oaktree does not make employment decisions on the basis of race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, past or present physical or mental disability, HIV status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, veteran status, military service, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic violence victim status or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state and local laws and ordinances. This policy applies to hiring, placement, internal promotions, training, opportunities for advancement, recruitment advertising, transfers, demotions, layoffs, terminations, recruitment advertising, rates of pay and other forms of compensation and all other terms, conditions and privileges of employment.
This policy applies to all Oaktree applicants, employees, clients, and contractors.
Posted YesterdayFull time2020-41
At Oaktree, we focus on hiring individuals with intelligence, dedication, team spirit, integrity and a strong work ethic. We welcome the opportunity to speak with talented professionals who have relevant credentials and experience in investments, marketing and client relations, accounting, legal, compliance, information technology, administrative support and other relevant areas.