Fund Accounting Manager
- Los Angeles, CA, États-Unis Los Angeles CA US
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Hunt Mortgage Group
- 23 janv. 18 2018-01-23
Reporting to a Chief Financial Officer, the Fund Accounting Manger will lead the operational delivery and client services of our closed ended funds group, work as part of the accounting team to achieve the departmental goals, prepare financial statements, and applies accounting principles, that include work that is analytical, evaluative, and advisory in nature and that requires an understanding of both accounting theory and practice.
Essential Job Functions
- Manages the successful execution of all client monthly, quarterly and annual deliverables.
- Manages client relationships with both client personnel and fund investors.
- Manages monthly bank reconciliations and associated journal entries.
- Produces and/or reviews monthly, quarterly, and annual financial work paper packages including all portfolio schedules, financial statements, accruals, investor allocations, and capital statements.
- Produces wire preparation for cash movements.
- Prepares annual financial statements and footnotes, and annual tax work paper packages.
- Prepares management fee calculations.
- Prepares waterfall and capital account allocations.
- Creates annual tax work paper packages; capital call and distribution notices.
- Creates and manages various client related correspondences.
- Coordinates annual audit and tax return preparation.
- Reviews and provide feedback on fund formation documents.
- Supports implementation of new clients onto the platform.
- Ensures compliance with investment fund legal docs.
- Supports and works on various special projects.
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned.
- Associates degree required. Bachelor's degree in Accounting and/or Finance required. CPA or Public Accounting experience preferred.
Experience and Qualifications
- Minimum of six plus years accounting experience required; LIHTC or real estate experience preferred. Supervisory experience idea.
- Experience with partnership tax returns beneficial
- Must be detail oriented and able to work within specified deadlines.
- Ability to identify problems, collect and analyze data and draw logical conclusions.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Analytical and detail-oriented with strong organizational skills.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong computer skills including, proficient in use of Excel and MS Office.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail, work independently.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Experience with JD Edwards-Enterprise One System or other large ERP system preferred.
- Requires a detail orientated, independent thinker who can be a part of a team and demonstrates knowledge of accounting practices and procedures. Must demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills, particularly the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management and industry professionals. Strong work ethic; ability to handle high volume of transactions; works well under pressure/deadlines. Must demonstrate strong writing skills, and eager to learn and grow.