Hotchkis & Wiley is an institutional asset manager overseeing value equity and high yield portfolios for our clients world-wide. We are seeking a Senior Associate, Investment Technology to provide development, systems, and operational support to our trading and performance technology environment. The position will work with, and report to, our Chief Technology Officer.
Primary Responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- The support and maintenance of data integrity between the firm’s trading systems, data feeds etc.
- The review and management of data workflows to avoid potential issues, and the development or modification of procedures to rectify concerns
- The development and maintenance of SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) jobs (using VB.Net).
- Integration of data stored in SQL databases into Excel (using VBA)
- The development and maintenance of SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) reports and other database related functions delivered via a SharePoint environment
- Analyze and troubleshoot technical issues related to existing jobs in SSIS
- Analyze and troubleshoot technical issues related to existing processes in SQL queries, stored procedures, Excel links and Korn shell scripts
- Analyze and troubleshoot technical issues related to existing reports in SharePoint and SSRS
- Support of the firm’s Bloomberg and Charles River Trading systems
- Strong working knowledge of SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SharePoint and SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- Strong experience in database development coding SQL queries and stored procedures
- Experience in integrating SQL data into Excel
- Strong working knowledge of Visual Basic, VBA in Excel and VB.Net in SSIS
- Experience in developing reports using SQL Server Reporting Services and/or Crystal Reports
- Experience with Visual Studio and Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of UNIX utilities (MKS Toolkit) a plus
- Knowledge of Java, Java Script, HTML, and any other web services/languages a plus>
- Knowledge of Microsoft Azure database services (Azure SQL Server, Data Factory, Databricks, Synapse, Cosmos DB, PowerBI) a plus
- Experience in the financial services industry
The ideal candidate will have expertise in investment systems design and support. A minimum of 4-6 years of experience in a similar role is required. A successful candidate should additionally have:
- A Bachelor’s degree
- Demonstrated ability to be a self-starter
- Excellent organizational skills and be detail oriented
- Excellent communication skills; both verbal and written
- The ability to handle multiple tasks at once
- Strong analytical abilities
- Proficiency in Bloomberg and Charles River trading environments
- Knowledge of UNIX utilities (MKS Toolkit)
How to apply: Please apply at https://hwcm.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=30
Hotchkis & Wiley is an Equal Opportunity employer (EEO), and all employees and applicants will be entitled to equal employment opportunities when employment decisions are made. Hotchkis & Wiley will take affirmative action to recruit, hire, train and promote individuals in all job classifications without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, citizenship, pregnancy, veteran status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, gender identity, or membership in a historically under-represented group.