2022MBA Intern Product Strategist Client Solutions
We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $2.22 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 3,000 employees in 20 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description: Product Strategy Group - Client Solutions
PIMCO's Client Solutions Group leverages the firm's intellectual capital and resources to assist clients across a broad range of investment issues. We seek to generate actionable investment insights by developing a comprehensive understanding of client objectives and drawing on PIMCO's proprietary research and analytics, macroeconomic views and deep asset class expertise to analyze potential market opportunities and risks.
Solutions Strategists take the lead role in analyzing the drivers of risk and return in client portfolios and suggesting ways to optimize these portfolios for the road ahead. They become trusted advisors to PIMCO's clients by delivering expertise in asset allocation, risk management, and investment strategies across all asset classes. Strategists frequently present their work to clients, consultants, and investment boards. Hence they must combine outstanding analytical skills and investment acumen with strong communication skills and empathy. In addition, Strategists develop new investment content and contribute to PIMCO's thought leadership. Positions are located in Newport Beach. Career Development, Training and Mentoring
Every intern begins their summer with a formal week of training. The PIMCO Fundamentals training program will provide you with the skills, knowledge and relationships that will prepare you to succeed in your internship. Your informal training will continue throughout the summer at PIMCO - everyday, in a perpetual learning environment. In addition, you will be teamed with a seasoned professional who offers guidance and mentorship throughout the internship. Position Requirements: Desired candidates should possess the following characteristics:
- Outstanding analytical and mathematical abilities
- Passion for financial markets and investment strategies
- Entrepreneurial, with results orientation and desire to make contributions to the growth of the Firm
- Ability to articulate ideas/strategies clearly, both verbally and in writing
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to work collaboratively across the organization, including with senior level management
- Ethical, team-oriented, organized, flexible, high-energy, self-starter, accountable, humble
• Pursuing an MBA degree with an emphasis in Finance and Economics or a related, quantitative/analytical field from an accredited, leading business school or university, or other equivalent Advanced Degree as it relates to the position, completion expected between Dec 2022 - June 2023.
• Fluent in English
- Submit your resume and cover to the PIMCO Career portal via this portal by December 1, 2021.
- If you have applied in your school's career portal for on-campus recruitment - you must ALSO apply in this system.