2022 PhD, Client Solutions & Analytics (AEA ONLY)
We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $2.22 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 3,000 employees in 20 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description: THIS POSTING IS FOR CURRENT AEA/ASSA JOB MARKET CANDIDATES ONLY.
The client analytics team produces innovative thought leadership and quantitative research for PIMCO's clients. Candidates can expect to publish research pieces on relevant market themes, construct bespoke investment solutions, and develop platforms and applications to better analyze client portfolios. The team's research topics are broad-ranging adapting to market trends and client interest. Recent publications include: views on inflation, the role of fixed income in a low yielding environment, private asset risk and performance, smart beta emerging market portfolios, and retirement planning. Candidates should be hands-on creative thinkers able to build research and investment solutions from inception to completion to fit client needs. Candidates will collaborate with multiple parts of the firm, including Portfolio Management, Product Strategy, and Client Management and can expect to be involved in both internal as well as client presentations. Applicants should have a strong research background as well as excellent public speaking skills. Location:
Newport Beach, CA Position Requirements: Desired Candidates Should Possess the Following Characteristics:
- Strong interest and background in quantitative disciplines; knowledge of asset pricing, economic theory, and optimization methods preferred
- Formal training in empirical research, especially time series and panel data econometrics; experience analyzing large data sets preferred
- Proficiency in programming; Python, MATLAB, C++, preferred
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and presentation skills
- Ph.D. candidate from a top program in quantitative disciplines; Finance, Economics, Statistics, Physics or Math preferred
- Oral and written fluency in English
- DEADLINE FOR AEA INTERVIEWS IS December 12, 2021 (11:59pm PST)
- Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, we encourage early applications.
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office