Corporate Asset Management
We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $2.21 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 3,025 employees in 20 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description:
PIMCO has developed a robust $47+ billion alternatives platform. With over 15 years of alternatives experience, PIMCO has incorporated the firm's investment discipline and unique sourcing capabilities with alternatives-specific talent and resources. PIMCO offers a diverse set of hedge fund, risk premia, private credit and real estate strategies that emanate from core PIMCO capabilities across global macro, quant, commodities, credit, residential and commercial real estate markets. Job Description
PIMCO is developing a capability within its Alternative Investment complex to bring corporate operating experience and perspective to the lifecycle of an investment. From the evaluation and underwriting of new opportunities, to working with boards and management teams to optimize existing equity positions or turning around challenged businesses the Corporate Asset Management team has made an immediate impact across strategies and is expanding its footprint to ensure robust engagement with the existing portfolio of companies and growing pipeline of new investment opportunities globally. Responsibilities
This individual will:
- Work in conjunction with Portfolio Managers across the PIMCO Alts platform to diligence, underwrite and manage corporate credit and private equity investments.
- Bring an operating perspective to the due diligence process when evaluating new corporate investments, including the evaluation of management and their strategy, business model and competitive dynamics, review financial performance, go-to-market strategy, operations, and governance.
- Assist portfolio companies with the development and execution of strategic initiatives as needed, leveraging outside advisors and experts where necessary.
- Support intensive turnaround situations.
- Have oversight and monitoring responsibilities across a portfolio of assets.
- Be responsible for clearly and concisely articulating findings and strategic recommendations internally.
- Significant travel expected.
- 10+ years including some combination of private equity/venture capital operating team, corporate executive or consulting/investment banking experience
- Extensive experience as a generalist, across multiple investment strategies including but not limited to: private equity, credit, non-performing loans, financial institutions/FIG, real estate
- Proven ability to navigate a complex global organization
- Prior experience building relationships with portfolio managers, portfolio company management, Board of Directors, external partners
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Leadership capabilities and proven influencing skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office