Credit Research Analyst, Energy/E&P
We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $1.84 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 2,700 employees in 17 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description:
We are seeking a Credit Research Analyst to work in our Newport Beach, CA office. This analyst would cover Investment Grade and High Yield subsectors within the energy/E&P industry, and be very involved at the quant and data level. Credit Research Analysts analyze various industries and the companies within them and make investment recommendations to PIMCO's portfolio managers group. They also provide analytical support for the firm's portfolio managers by highlighting risks and making investment recommendations on specific companies. MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provide fundamental and relative value research on existing holdings and generate credit driven investment ideas specific to the sector.
• Proactively communicate investment ideas by initiating discussions with portfolio managers and participating in group meetings.
• Produce written reports such as company evaluations and quarterly updates, relative value analyses, and industry reviews.
• Respond to portfolio manager inquiries regarding credit concerns, market overviews, and sector changes
• Interaction with clients or client service professionals. Position Requirements:
• Ideal candidate will have minimum 2 years of experience at either energy well-level data provider OR within credit research covering energy sector on buy or sell side
• Strong depth of knowledge within energy/E&P sector
• Completed Masters degree (MBA or Masters in Statistics or Engineering) and/or CFA
• Strong financial modeling and quant experience REQUIRED
• Python, R, Matlab experience strongly preferred
• Prior experience in either high yield or investment grade preferred
• Ability to contribute to first-hand corporate analysis, including on-site visits, financial modeling, and relative value analysis. Demonstrated ability to make judgments regarding credit, risk, and valuation.
• Ability to cover their industry with minimal direction and to make preliminary decisions in a short time frame with incomplete information.
• Proactive in generating successful investment ideas. Ability to take the lead in advocating investment ideas to portfolio managers rather than relying on external direction.
• Good communicator; strong written and oral presentation abilities. Need to be persuasive and credible.
• Values seeing one's investment ideas added to investment portfolios and enjoys credit analysis as a long-term career.
• Strong academic credentials and achievement. with emphasis on mathematics/engineering
• Ability to collaborate and work well with others on the credit research team. Benefits:
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and wellbeing of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office