FIG Associate - Client Solutions & Analytics
We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $2.2 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 3,070 employees in 22 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description:
PIMCO is seeking an Associate to join its Client Solutions & Analytics group, focusing on Financial Institutions clients in Newport Beach, CA. This group leverages PIMCO's intellectual capital and resources to help our Insurance and Bank clients make better investment decisions.
Started in 2009 as one of the industry's first "Solutions" teams, PIMCO's Client Solutions & Analytics group partners with a diverse range of clients across all geographies and channels. The group seeks to generate actionable investment insights for clients in a range of ways, including performing customized analyses, publishing research and building bespoke strategies across a variety of asset classes in both public and private markets. The team's 80+ team members across multiple global offices span a number of specialties and work closely with a number of PIMCO teams, including portfolio managers and account managers.
- Support Strategists in analyzing client portfolios and building presentations that detail PIMCO's analysis and conclusions
- Use proprietary software and external data sources to run risk analytics, optimizations, and scenario analyses
- Contribute to the development of a proprietary Insurance focused dataset and act as the business representative as part of the working group
- Partner closely with Client Data Science team and Technology to enhance our capabilities
- Manage a workload of multiple simultaneous projects while ensuring that deadlines are met
- Develop an understanding of PIMCO investment strategies and their risks and benefits in different market environments
- Monitoring the team's operating metrics
- Collaborate with Account Management, Portfolio Management, and Product Strategy groups
- Opportunity to work on innovative research in asset allocation and portfolio optimization
• Excellent quantitative and analytical skills.
• Strong interest in working on client-focused issues
• Strong oral and written communication skills to package content for client consumption
• Well organized with ability to manage multiple projects under tight deadlines
• Must work well in a team environment and collaborate effectively with all levels of personnel
• Strong investment knowledge base across all asset classes, especially fixed income
• Advanced knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint;
• Reasonable proficiency with data analysis and SQL strongly preferred
• Prior experience in dealing with financial institutions, Insurance ALM Modelling, and Risk Based Capital would be a plus
• Actuarial and/or accounting background a plus
• CFA designation or Quantitative Master's degree (financial engineering) is preferred
• Bachelor's degree focus in Finance, Economics, Mathematics, or other technical degree
• Fluent in English (speaking, reading, writing) Benefits:
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office