We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $1.91 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 2,800 employees in 17 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description:
We're looking for a talented senior developer to join our Reg Tech team and help in unifying our regulatory landscape in order to harmonize and bring efficiency to our various regulatory obligations. As a senior developer, you will have full accountability for the development and support of our core regulatory IT infrastructure. The developer will demonstrate advanced knowledge and understanding of the complete software development process (Requirements, Architecture/Design, Implementation, Verification, and Maintenance). The successful candidate must have strong Java programming skills (with complete understanding of Object Oriented Programming Paradigm, Design Patterns and Open Source frameworks) and strong knowledge of relational structures, dimensional data modelling, structured query language (SQL) skills.
Qualified candidates must possess a University degree in Computer Science / Engineering / Mathematics. In addition, the ability to manage projects and work in a distributed team environment will be critical to be successful in this role. Responsibilities •
Understand current regulatory technology landscape and work on strategic architecture for the group liaising with core engineering group
• Work with analysts, team members and business users to understand requirements and processes.
• Identify the scope of assigned projects, generating solutions to technical issues and providing deliverables in a timely and efficient manner.
• Design, develop and deliver -regulatory tech infrastructure involving Sourcing, organizing and warehousing core data and Building service interfaces to various applications and BI reports
• Provide business users support and addressing functional and technical issues.
• Work with various application teams within Regulatory Tech, Legal and Compliance to integrate with existing and build new applications
• Work on external vendors on-boarding and integration projects Position Requirements: Soft Skills
• Excellent communication skills to interact with senior stakeholders
• Team player focused on motivating and growing the team and his/her resources.
• Work independently and elicit requirements
• Thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic and distributed team environment
• Should have strong desire to continuously learn and grow professionally Experience and Education
- 7+ years' hands-on, full lifecycle development of data warehouse/business intelligence reporting solutions and understanding of relevant best practices
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in Computer Science/Engineering.
- Regulatory industry background and experience would be a plus
- Expert level Java, Oracle, SOA, multi-tier design, UNIX
- Strong knowledge of REST and Web Services
- Good knowledge of UI environments: HTLM5 and WPF
- Good knowledge of reporting and BI system (Micro strategy, Power BI)
- Good knowledge of Big data technologies e.g. Hadoop, MongoDB etc.
- Expertise in relational database design, data modelling (3NF and dimensional) as well as other data warehousing techniques, performing ETLs and validating results with business
- Expertise with Oracle/PL-SQL, performance monitoring and tuning queries and data loads
- Scripting (Python) is nice to have.
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and wellbeing of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- Pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office