We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $2.22 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 3,000 employees in 20 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description: What You Will Do:
The Network Administrator will design, deploy, and support the following; Cisco Application Centric Infrastructure (ACI), Cisco Nexus iOS, Catalyst iOS, Cisco SDWAN, Cisco ISE, Cisco DNA Center, Meraki, Cisco Wireless products and networks, A10, APCON taps, Fortinet, and Palo Alto practice for a large global financial firm, while also working with engagement architects and internal customers to help maintain, deploy, and troubleshoot network infrastructure. Our Network environment includes all areas of the data centers, local offices, and cloud based infrastructure that incorporate conventional route/switch technologies as well as software defined networks and other various solution offerings. This position will be required to perform regular weekend on-call shifts, and use various troubleshooting applications for success. These applications primarily include Solarwinds, Extrahop, AppViewX, Service Now, and PagerDuty. Responsibility:
- Maintain internal client relationships
- Assist internal leaders on developing solutions, guiding towards best practice
- Identify and review opportunities and prioritize activities to optimize network deployments
- Able to assist with initial project mobilization as needed
- Support others to achieve best in class service
- Understand business challenges and goals
- Formulate solutions based on expertise and capabilities
- Create diagrams and asset lists to better our internal development
- Develop practice area collateral, offerings, and supporting materials such as Method of Procedures (MoPs) and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Drive development of assets and intellectual property (e.g. playbooks, templates, etc.)
- Responsible for the implementation, support, maintenance, management, design, and deployment of LAN/WAN using Cisco equipment and other vendor network equipment and software
- Provides analysis, documentation, configuration, testing and implementation of networking solutions that interface with local and wide area networks.
- Participate in regular on-call shits that stretch throughout a week and weekend.
- Tactfully collaborate with project teams to extrapolate customer technical requirements and assist in generating best practices integration, and migration plans for technology solutions.
- Provide advanced data center networking implementation, support and troubleshooting services.
- Contribute to new business development efforts around net new service offerings
- Monitors Cisco network to maximize its performance and troubleshoots network problems and outages, schedules upgrades and collaborates with Cisco network architects on network optimization.
- Configures, implements and troubleshoots VPNs (Microsoft and Cisco VPN + IPSEC, etc.).
- Identifies and deploys upgrades to network devices including but not limited to IOS, circuits, (T1s, DS3, OC3, OC12), multi-link frame relay, ATM IMA and MPLS. Updates routers, switches, firewalls, etc.
- Supports QOS on LAN and WAN equipment in a VoIP environment
- Develops disaster recovery procedures including but not limited to developing and maintaining backups and documentation for configuration, hardware device recovery and asset inventory.
- Cisco certified CCIE with route/switch focus.
- Education or experience equivalent to a four-year college degree
- Strong delivery capabilities pertaining to overall network strategies and Cisco networking platforms.
- Consulting-relevant experience with a strong focus on Cisco subject matter expertise
- Ability to work with and understand security based technologies (firewalls load balancers)
- Exposure and experience with telco processes to install services into data centers and local offices
- Requires analytical and technical skill to troubleshoot equipment and diagnose real-time problems to resolve issues immediately.
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills with the ability to adapt and succeed in dynamic environments
- Strong knowledge of IP routing protocols (BGP, EIGRP, OSPF), as well as ACI data center fabric traffic forwarding, and Endpoint learning within a data center fabric.
- Strong knowledge of networking logical models such as vPC, LACP, vDC's, vRF's, Spanning-Tree, FHRP, Security Zones, and others.
- Practices networking automation with the use of Python, REST, Ansible and/or other tools to efficiently implement and change data center fabric policies.
- Ability to identify major technology trends and share point of view with leadership and internal clients in support of solutions
- Possess the mentality to provide "white-glove" level service to internal and external clients.
- Must be able to interact with all levels of management, and perform well in high-pressure situations.
- Must be organized, and work within a team environment, capable of earning trust from all levels of management and present a professional image to internal external customers.
- Must be flexible to meet emergency deadlines that may fall outside of normal work hours, and must be a good crisis manager and work well under pressure.
- Must be able to organize work and manage own time to maintain accurate records and schedules, as the position requires
Skilled at hardware programming and support for the following:
- Cisco Nexus 7k, 5k, 2k, 9k
- Catalyst 65xx, 45xx, 37xx, 35xx, 29xx Series switches.
- ACi 9k, Spine, Leaf topology
- IP, DHCP, DNS administration experience
- IDS/IPS, firewall, DMZ, VPN, TACACS
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office