Portfolio Associate - Short Term
We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $1.78 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 2,800 employees in 17 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description:
Portfolio Associate team members directly support Portfolio Managers and build relationships internally with Account Managers, Product Managers, Legal and Compliance counterparts, Operations teams, and other Portfolio Associate teams across the firm's global offices. On a day-to-day basis, Portfolio Associates use their mathematical and fixed income training to actively monitor portfolios and markets to assist Portfolio Managers in measuring risk and managing client assets. Portfolio Associates are routinely encouraged to provide creative solutions and develop key tools and reporting methods to support the Portfolio Management team.
Position Development Value:
- Extensive exposure to industry experts within Portfolio Management and across other functional areas of the firm
- A broad range of opportunities to collaborate with talented colleagues
- Learning environment focused on key buy-side portfolio risk and return principles
- Constructive feedback to foster career growth in addition to a formal annual review process
- Creating reports for risk monitoring
- Monitoring client portfolios' position weights and product versus client guidelines
- Interacting with Compliance Department
- Assisting in Account Transitions
- Re-balancing of portfolios to model/target weights
- Generating allocation studies across a set of mandates or products in accordance with investment guidelines and benchmarks
- Responding to ad-hoc requests from the Portfolio Management team
- 1-3 years of experience; strong, relevant internship experience acceptable
- Fixed Income technical skills and experience in a buy or sell side trade room
- Strong relationship skills and proven ability to build strong relationships with Portfolio Managers
- Well-refined communications skills. Can articulate ideas and strategies clearly, both verbally and in writing.
- Outstanding analytical skills.
- Proven ability to operate efficiently in a high-pressure environment.
- Enjoy working collaboratively across the organization (especially with account managers) to resolve issues.
- Advanced abilities with Excel, SQL, business objects, and Bloomberg.
- Bachelor's degree and strong academic record with concentration in Math, Science, Finance, Economics or related quantitative/analytical field from a leading, accredited college or university
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office