Quantitative Developer, Analytics
We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $1.78 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 2,800 employees in 17 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description:
PIMCO has relied on quant strategies combined with fundamental analysis to drive alpha in fixed income for three decades. That success led us to expand our quant capabilities to currencies, commodities and equities over the last 15 years. The Quantitative Development team is a part of the broader investment in PIMCO's quantitative strategies. Our applications are facing PIMCO's PMs and run analytical models, built by the Quant Desk & Analytics.
PIMCO is seeking a junior Quantitative Developer to join the team and be focused on Quantitative Strategies software development. In this role, you will partner with our portfolio managers and quantitative researchers in an integrated fashion to analyze data, understand inputs to signals, building order generators, and performing analysis to support the strategy implementation process. In addition, you will provide parts of the infrastructure for various portfolio management desks to execute systematic trading strategies. The ideal candidate will be creative, collaborative, and able to adapt and thrive within a fast-paced global environment. RESPONSIBILITIES
• Work closely with quants and portfolio managers to implement, deploy and support strategy model development.
• Fully understand the PIMCO Common Model Execution Framework and contribute to its development.
• Provide timely and proactive support to end users.
• Troubleshoot data and/or software issues and be able to rapidly implement fixes.
• Work with Data Teams to onboard required data on PIMCO's core data services platform.
• Actively participate in design and review sessions with stakeholders, project managers, and developers.
• Work collaboratively with technologists, traders and other researchers to build robust systematic trading software solutions. Position Requirements:
• Quantitative Master's degree (financial engineering or other technically demanding program such as theoretical physics or math).
• Bachelor's degree focus in Computer Science, Math, Economics, or other technical degree is preferred.
• 2+ years of hands on experience with Python and relational databases is required.
• Proficiency in any of the modern SQL based relational databases.
• 2+ years of Object Oriented Programming (OOP) with hands on experience in Java (or C#/C++) is a plus.
• Solid understanding of probability and statistics (e.g. machine learning, time-series analysis, pattern recognition, NLP).
• Experience of using quantitative techniques in solving highly complex data intensive problems.
• Experience in the financial industry preferred.
• Able to work independently, handle multiple tasks, and thrive in a collaborative and fast-paced team environment.
• Exceptional analytical skills, with strong attention to detail.
• Effective communication skills required. Benefits:
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office