Senior Finance Manager
We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $1.92 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 2,800 employees in 17 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description:
The Senior Finance Manager partners directly with business leaders and other senior managers in FP&A to proactively provide relevant, timely and accurate reporting and analysis, innovative solutions and other insightful information that impacts business decision-making. As a Senior Finance Manager, you would be responsible for leading a highly engaged team responsible for reporting, forecasting and budgeting virtually all aspects of Assets Under Management (AUM), revenue as well as expenses for several key business areas across the Company. Primary responsibilities/essential functions:
(including the following, other duties may be assigned)
- Present financial results to executives, analyzing drivers influencing actual results and forecast development with an emphasis on AUM and Revenue
- Demonstrate deep financial expertise, performing complex technical analysis and oversee the design and maintenance of sophisticated business forecast models.
- Interface and partner with various Finance teams to research and resolve issues.
- Respond to and/or lead special projects and ad-hoc requests.
- Identify and implement opportunities for process improvement
- Facilitate opportunities for team members to further broaden their business knowledge as well as their technical and analytical skillset.
- 10+ years of experience in a corporate finance function, along with at least 2 years managerial experience including a demonstrated ability to coach and lead experienced professionals to reach desired results.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business Administration, or Finance required; CPA and/or MBA strongly preferred
- Knowledge of Financial Services and Investment Management Industry
- Strong leader with proven track record in developing and leading teams, building relationships across all levels
- Strong commitment to accuracy and attention to detail to ensure quality work.
- Able to carefully manage multiple priorities as well as a strong sense of urgency towards meeting deadlines and resolving open issues
- High quality written and verbal communications skills
- Able to collaborate and develop/maintain positive working relationships within cross-cultural team setting and cross departments/entities
- Experience working in an extremely dynamic, fast-paced and results oriented environment, requiring the ability to prioritize, while completing multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, strong client-support orientation, and the ability to work effectively with all levels of the organization
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills, including the ability to effectively problem solve and make decisions
- Experience using Hyperion Essbase Excel Add-in, Hyperion Planning or other multidimensional database, reporting and consolidation applications and ERP systems such as SAP is highly desirable but not required
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office