Senior Java Developer
We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $1.88 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 2,800 employees in 17 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description:
We are seeking a Java Developer to join our team to build out the next generation of products and support existing applications. If you have user-facing experience supporting multi-tier, multi-platform bespoke applications this could be an excellent career opportunity for you!
The position will involve supporting and delivering functionality for the Short Term and Cash Desks. This will include day-to-day support, improving existing components, and building replacement processes for legacy systems.
The technology stack is Java-based, with an Oracle PL/SQL back end, running on Unix. Position Requirements:
- Experience delivering object-oriented applications.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Can take responsibility for meeting business objectives
- Good communication skills and ability to work effectively in agile development environments
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science or related fields or equivalent experience
- Proven ability providing direct user support, and delivering improvements on demand
- Demonstrable experience building and maintaining Java systems
- Knowledge of SQL, PL/SQL, and standard DBMS. Oracle an advantage.
- Awareness of the full development cycle, from analysis to production support.
- Angular or similar web technology
- git, gitlab, docker, autosys,
- C++, VBA
- Sharepoint or other BI reporting tools
- Financial knowledge/industry experience an advantage
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and wellbeing of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office