Software Developer, ABS Trading
We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $2.22 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 3,000 employees in 20 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description:
PIMCO is looking for an energetic full stack developer to support our ABS/MBS desk.
As part of ABS trading technology team, the developer will directly support portfolio managers and develop new applications, enhance existing applications, automate processes and build reports to enhance trade desk workflow efficiency. The developer will also work with other teams to integrate and adopt core infrastructure platforms and new technology initiatives. Responsibilities:
- Work with structured products portfolio managers and trading desks to understand trade workflows and fundamentals of analytics
- Build desktop applications, integrate data and application services, and automate batch processes according to workflow/analytics requirements
- Maintain and enhance existing applications and processes that have been automated
- Handle ad hoc requests for time sensitive trade analysis/pricing information
- Bachelor degree in computer science or engineering. Additional finance degree would be a big plus
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to proactively work independently or with teammates in a fast-paced environment
- Full-cycle development from analysis, development, testing and deployment
- Strong C#, Python and RESTful (WebApi) backend services experience desired
- UI experience-Both creating aesthetically pleasing User Interfaces and cross-browser functionality. WPF is current platform but will move towards modernizing the stack in the near future.
- Strong database query skills using SQL. Oracle preferred but not necessary (3+ years)
- Linux familiarity. Need to get around and set things up (2+ years)
- Knowledge of ABS/MBS products, fixed income markets and trading would be big pluses
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office