Technical Business Analyst - Business Intelligence
We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $1.92 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 2,800 employees in 17 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description:
We are seeking an experienced Technical Business Analyst to join our Business Intelligence team to evaluate business processes, anticipate requirements, uncover areas of improvement and develop and implement solutions. In this position you will be performing detailed requirement analysis, documenting processes, and performing some user acceptance testing. Do you have a natural analytical way of thinking and be able to explain difficult concepts to non-technical users? If so you will be successful in our team! Responsibilities:
- Lead initial and ongoing reviews of business processes with product owners and stakeholders to deliver end-to-end business process flows
- Partnering with various technology team and product owners to demonstrate the product features
- Effectively communicating your insights and plans to cross-functional team members and management.
- Performing user acceptance testing with developers and stakeholders
- Prioritizing initiatives based on business needs and requirements.
- Serving as a liaison between stakeholders and development team.
- Utilize Lucicharts to build conceptual, logical diagrams and swim-lane business processes
- Build wireframes; create data models and data flow diagrams; write release notes and user stories
- Provide production support as needed
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience as BA on Data/analytics projects preferred
- Strong SQL skills
- Experience with BI Tools (Power BI preferred)
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Experience working on large scale projects as well as handling day-to-day operational requests from the business
- Ability to work on multiple concurrent projects at once
- Consulting experience is a plus
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office