Workday HCM Subject Matter Expert
We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $1.78 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 2,800 employees in 17 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description:
PIMCO is seeking a VP, Workday HCM subject matter expert to joining the Total Rewards & People Analytics team based in Newport Beach, California. Within this position, you will be responsible for configuration and support of the HCM system, as well as day-to-day maintenance, management and projects as assigned related to the Workday platform. This includes; requirements, solutions design, configuration, testing and troubleshooting.
As the HCM SME, you will correspond with Human Resource Technology counterparts in support of a global platform following a defined global governance and shared services operating model. This role will help guide, lead and design system and business process enhancements while delivering effective solutions. Primary Responsibilities:
- Stabilize recent implementation and provide system administration to the Workday system as needed and assigned based on global governance work intake process.
- Acts as an internal consultant regarding system capabilities, providing recommendations through effective communications to business leaders and other stakeholders
- Work closely with HR leadership, business partners and technical teams, lead design and process development, gather and define requirements, recommendations, document changes for change control purposes, design and implement solutions, and ensure user ease of adoption
- Responsible for coaching and advising business stakeholders for their ownership in Workday system (Core HCM, Onboarding). Support HR in overseeing consistency in service delivery, drive standardization, and share best practices across the organization.
- Ability to configure Business Process, Core HCM and Security functional areas within the Workday system
- Execute testing to meet business requirements; create test plans, perform system testing; obtain user acceptance testing sign-off from Sponsors; Conduct unit testing and provide production support on an ongoing basis
- Identify additional areas of training, best practice methods for achieving optimal effectiveness and automation that will streamline operations.
- Work with technical teams to integrate Workday to other systems (e.g. beqom, Glint, etc.) to drive efficiency and data consistency across the organization; Provide steady-state production support for all the current and future integrations;
- Develop user procedures, guidelines and documentation to support change management;
- Manage and execute case management tickets, as well as ongoing system enhancement tasks, including configuration and testing of changes to the Workday system.
- Maintain master data values in Workday (ex: Job Profile, Job Family, Job Group, Roles, Custom Organization Types, Positions, and Locations)
- Can compassionately decline business requests that do not align to our prioritized, budgeted project portfolio, or where a reasonable workaround may exist.
- Act as the HRIS system administrator, advisor and subject matter expert for the HR processes.
- Stay abreast of new functionality and implement enhancements that support the delivery of HR services.
- Ability to handle confidential matters ethically, with discretion and good judgment.
- Ability to be flexible as responsibility is aligned within the work team.
- B.A. degree in Human Resources, Business or related field and/or equivalent experience
- 6+ years of experience in the implementation, development and support of Human Resources systems. At least one full life cycle Workday HCM implementation required.
- 5+ years of experience as a Workday system administrator responsible for configuration, testing and support of Workday
- Knowledge of Workday Core HCM, Business Process, Security and Recruitment concepts and configuration
- SME knowledge of HR business processes; ability to document processes and generate clear and understandable business requirements for non-technical audiences and stakeholder sign off
- Demonstrated critical thinking and analytic skills; ability to organize and represent concepts in presentations
- Strong executive-level presence, well-developed presentation, interpersonal, communication, and relationship-building skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Builds credibility and trust-up, down and across a global organization-through consistent behavior, high integrity, and judgment
- Customer focused with proven ability to multi-task, work in a fast paced environment, and balance multiple priorities
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office