Please Enable Cookies to Continue Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job. Returning Candidate? Product Manager - Payments Technology Location US-CA-Palo Alto
Job ID 2020-7718
Category Information Technology
Position Type Full-Time
For more than 40 years, East West Bank has served as a pathway to success. With over 125 locations across the U.S. and Greater China, we are the premier financial bridge between the East and West. Our teams of experienced, multi - cultural professionals help guide businesses and community members on both sides of the Pacific looking to explore new markets and create new opportunities, and our sustained growth and expertise in industries like real estate, entertainment and media, private equity and venture capital, and high-tech help build sustainable businesses and expand our employees' potential for career advancement.
Headquartered in California, East West Bank (Nasdaq: EWBC) is a top performing commercial bank with an exclusive focus on the U.S. and Greater China markets. With assets of $44.2 billion, we've ranked among the 30 largest banks in the United States. And since 2010, we have been recognized by Forbes as one of the top 15 best banks in America. With a strong foundation, and enterprising spirit and a commitment to absolute integrity, East West Bank gives people the confidence to reach further.
Velo () by East West BankTM is a global digital banking service owned by East West Bank. It is a fast, easy, and safe way for consumers to access premium financial products and services offered by East West Bank, as well as a source of useful tips and insights to connect customers to emerging opportunities.
Velo is seeking a Payments Product Manager to join a versatile and diverse team working on innovative products. Velo is the global digital banking brand of East West Bank, one of the largest independent banks headquartered in California. In 2019, Forbes ranked East West Bank as No. 8 in “Best Banks in America”. East West Bank has publicly traded on the Nasdaq Global Select Market for more than 20 years (NASDAQ: EWBC)
Digital Bank is a fast-growing start-up in stealth mode backed by East West Bank. East West Bank is devoted to digital banking innovation to bring a superior mobile banking experience to our customers-especially Chinese clients in and coming to America – and to boost the capabilities and efficiency of cross-border banking.
- Deliver value to core customers and help the organization achieve its strategic and financial goals
- Identify unmet needs and disruption opportunities and guide interdisciplinary teams to deliver innovative products to market
- Drive product requirements end-to-end with a conscious effort to drive down operational costs
- Road mapping, prioritization backed by business case, writing JIRA stories, project execution and product roll-out strategy
- Work closely with the technology team and user design team to arrive at the optimal solution both from a user perspective and technical implementation.
- Act as the product champion, evangelizing product vision effectively to senior-level stakeholders
- Research the competitive landscape and 3rd party vendors to understand payments
- Manage highly complex cross-functional initiatives related to payments
- Relentlessly push to understand customer needs and ensure customer is considered in prioritization and trade-off discussions
- Demonstrate excellent leadership and communication skills across all levels of the organization and can deal with ambiguity.
- Big picture thinking. Contextualize and translate a problem and its solution to partners of varying backgrounds and ignite passion and support for your product or ideas.
- Technically savvy. Can work closely with developers and understand the capabilities and constraints.
- Excellent judgment skills and have high standards and are never satisfied with the status quo.
- Self-starter able to thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative and cross-functional environment that is results-driven.
- Customer- centricity. Can distill the pain points of the customers and can develop features with a singular focus to solve the customer pain points.
- Have a high bias for action and can drive execution to achieve high quality outcomes.
- Makes data driven product decisions.
- Understanding of how payments work. Knowledge in remittances is a plus
- Bachelor's degree in engineering
- Preferred but not required: Masters Business Administration
Options Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later. Share on your newsfeed Connect With Us! Not ready to apply? for general consideration. East West Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Reasonable accommodations for disability are provided to applicants and employees in accordance with applicable law.
Software Powered by iCIMS