Please Enable Cookies to Continue Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job. Returning Candidate? Senior Accounting Analyst Location US-CA-Pasadena
Job ID 2021-8060
Position Type Full-Time
For more than 40 years, East West Bank has served as a pathway to success. With over 125 locations across the U.S. and Greater China, we are the premier financial bridge between the East and West. Our teams of experienced, multi - cultural professionals help guide businesses and community members on both sides of the Pacific looking to explore new markets and create new opportunities, and our sustained growth and expertise in industries like real estate, entertainment and media, private equity and venture capital, and high-tech help build sustainable businesses and expand our employees' potential for career advancement.
Headquartered in California, East West Bank (Nasdaq: EWBC) is a top performing commercial bank with an exclusive focus on the U.S. and Greater China markets. With assets of $44.2 billion, we've ranked among the 30 largest banks in the United States. And since 2010, we have been recognized by Forbes as one of the top 15 best banks in America. With a strong foundation, and enterprising spirit and a commitment to absolute integrity, East West Bank gives people the confidence to reach further.
East West Bank is seeking a Senior Accounting Analyst.
- Preparation of various banking regulatory reports, including the quarterly Call and FRY Report schedules.
- Perform analysis for monthly and quarterly financial statements.
- Prepare/review monthly general ledger account reconciliations and prepare journal entries as needed.
- Participate in the month end close process.
- Analyze draft/newly released regulations and accounting pronouncements to assess reporting impact, as well as collaborate with reporting and operations departments to create a transition approach that will enable the bank to effectively meet new reporting requirements.
- Prepare financial statements and various schedules used for preparation of quarterly 10-Q and annual 10-K filings.
- Prepare various schedules for internal reporting requirements including the monthly Board package.
- Prepare and review various schedules and reports for internal users and external auditors, and assist in the audit of financial statements and related footnotes.
- Perform ad-hoc analyses and projects as needed.
- CPA license or MBA preferred
- At least 3 years public accounting and/or public company financial reporting experience
- Solid knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and concepts
- Strong analytical, organizational and problem solving skills; including research skills regarding current and prospective updates to regulatory and SEC reporting.
- Demonstrated strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work well independently and in a team
- Inquisitive mind and intellectual curiosity
- Ability to deal with complex problems involving multiple facets and variables in non-standardized situations
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university
- Banking/financial institution experience preferred
- Advanced usage of Microsoft Excel
- Working knowledge of PeopleSoft GL preferred
Options Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later. Share on your newsfeed Need help finding the right job? We can recommend jobs specifically for you! East West Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Reasonable accommodations for disability are provided to applicants and employees in accordance with applicable law.
Software Powered by iCIMS