Bsa Analyst II
Please Enable Cookies to Continue Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job. Returning Candidate? BSA Analyst II Location US-CA-Pasadena
Job ID 2020-7714
Category Legal Compliance
Position Type Full-Time
For more than 40 years, East West Bank has served as a pathway to success. With over 125 locations across the U.S. and Greater China, we are the premier financial bridge between the East and West. Our teams of experienced, multi - cultural professionals help guide businesses and community members on both sides of the Pacific looking to explore new markets and create new opportunities, and our sustained growth and expertise in industries like real estate, entertainment and media, private equity and venture capital, and high-tech help build sustainable businesses and expand our employees' potential for career advancement.
Headquartered in California, East West Bank (Nasdaq: EWBC) is a top performing commercial bank with an exclusive focus on the U.S. and Greater China markets. With assets of $44.2 billion, we've ranked among the 30 largest banks in the United States. And since 2010, we have been recognized by Forbes as one of the top 15 best banks in America. With a strong foundation, and enterprising spirit and a commitment to absolute integrity, East West Bank gives people the confidence to reach further.
East West Bank is seeking a BSA Analyst II for the Customer Risk Management (CRM) team. The BSA Analyst II's primary function is to complete Enhanced Due Diligence (EDD) reviews of the bank's high risk customers. Responsibilities will include performing research, analysis, and investigation, review, and completing the SAR forms and escalating suspicious activity findings to management.
- Complete Enhanced Due Diligence (EDD) reviews on high risk individuals and entities to determine risk rating profile
- Analyze data and results of existing transaction monitoring reports to determine if further investigation is warranted, if so take appropriate action using EWB financial platform
- Gathers information from outside resources such as Internet searches, third-party vendors, public records, newspaper articles, etc.
- Conducts follow-up with account officer for any missing or necessary documentation.
- Reviews results from third-party vendors regarding authentication of identification on individuals and businesses, OFAC and government list, closed for cause, etc.
- Conducts further research
- Escalates to appropriate department
- Develops relationships within appropriate levels of management for issue identification and resolution.
- Prepares and documents analysis on summary write-ups.
- Completes all required training.
- Stay up to date and knowledgeable on BSA/AML/OFAC regulatory requirements and FinCEN guidelines
- Use analytical skills to produce and follow leads, as well as link common or related activities to develop complete picture of suspicious activity and uncover new trends in fraudulent behavior
- Assist BSA Officer/Managers and internal partners on preparing, logging and providing documents/materials per request from law enforcement officials.
- Additional duties as assigned
- 2-3 years’ experience of BSA/AML/OFAC related activities in financial services industry
- Experience conducting financial crime investigations, money laundering monitoring and/or other related BSA/AML experience
- Banking, operations, BSA & USA Patriot acts background including performing EDD reviews on complex relationships required
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred or equivalent experience
- Well-organized, analytical, and critical thinking skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, creative thinker, internet savvy
- CAMS certification preferred
Options Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later. Share on your newsfeed Connect With Us! Not ready to apply? for general consideration. East West Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Reasonable accommodations for disability are provided to applicants and employees in accordance with applicable law.
Software Powered by iCIMS