Please Enable Cookies to Continue Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job. Returning Candidate? Financial Reporting Analyst II Location US-CA-Pasadena
Job ID 2020-7517
Position Type Full-Time
For more than 40 years, East West Bank has served as a pathway to success. With over 125 locations across the U.S. and Greater China, we are the premier financial bridge between the East and West. Our teams of experienced, multi - cultural professionals help guide businesses and community members on both sides of the Pacific looking to explore new markets and create new opportunities, and our sustained growth and expertise in industries like real estate, entertainment and media, private equity and venture capital, and high-tech help build sustainable businesses and expand our employees' potential for career advancement.
Headquartered in California, East West Bank (Nasdaq: EWBC) is a top performing commercial bank with an exclusive focus on the U.S. and Greater China markets. With assets of $44.2 billion, we've ranked among the 30 largest banks in the United States. And since 2010, we have been recognized by Forbes as one of the top 15 best banks in America. With a strong foundation, and enterprising spirit and a commitment to absolute integrity, East West Bank gives people the confidence to reach further.
We are currently seeking a Financial Reporting Analyst II. The Financial Reporting Analyst II will be part of the SEC/Regulatory Reporting and Accounting Policy team and responsible for the preparation of SEC and regulatory reporting filings.
- Preparation of public filings (10-Q, 10-K, 8K and other SEC filings)
- Assist with the preparation of quarterly earnings material and work with the investor relations function as needed to provide support in this area
- Assist in the research of new SEC/GAAP and Regulatory pronouncements; assist in the preparation of position papers on the pronouncements’ impact to the company and assist in the implementation of the accounting treatment.
- Maintain ongoing collaboration with other members of the accounting and other departments to obtain and review schedules for the preparation of both the internal reporting package and external filings, and ensure transactions are captured appropriately in the financial statements
- Prepare various schedules for internal reporting requirements including the monthly Board package
- Communicate with external and internal auditors regarding financial reporting matters
- Complete regulatory reporting filings such as call reports, FRY LP, FRY 9C, etc.
- Assist in the tagging and review the detailed Xtensible Business Reporting Language (XBRL) tagging of financial statements and footnotes
- Provide assistance on various special projects as assigned
- At least 3 or more years of public accounting and/or SEC reporting experience or regulatory reporting experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting: Master’s in Accountancy highly preferred
- Workiva experience preferred
- Solid knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles
- Strong analytical, organizational and problem solving skills; including research skills regarding current and prospective updates to reporting
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage well through ambiguity and complexity
- Banking experience highly preferred
- Must be team-oriented and able to handle multiple assignments and be deadline oriented
- Demonstrates strong attention to detail and accuracy and the ability to execute and follow through to completion and documentation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good Excel skills are a plus
Options Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later. Share on your newsfeed Connect With Us! Not ready to apply? for general consideration. East West Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Reasonable accommodations for disability are provided to applicants and employees in accordance with applicable law.
Software Powered by iCIMS