Please Enable Cookies to Continue Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job. Returning Candidate? Managing Director Location US-CA-Pasadena
Job ID 2019-7182
Position Type Full-Time
For more than 40 years, East West Bank has served as a pathway to success. With over 125 locations across the U.S. and Greater China, we are the premier financial bridge between the East and West. Our teams of experienced, multi - cultural professionals help guide businesses and community members on both sides of the Pacific looking to explore new markets and create new opportunities, and our sustained growth and expertise in industries like real estate, entertainment and media, private equity and venture capital, and high-tech help build sustainable businesses and expand our employees' potential for career advancement.
Headquartered in California, East West Bank (Nasdaq: EWBC) is a top performing commercial bank with an exclusive focus on the U.S. and Greater China markets. With assets of $44.2 billion, we've ranked among the 30 largest banks in the United States. And since 2010, we have been recognized by Forbes as one of the top 15 best banks in America. With a strong foundation, and enterprising spirit and a commitment to absolute integrity, East West Bank gives people the confidence to reach further.
East West Bank is currently seeking a Managing Director. The Managing Director will oversee and manage a team of professional staffs through hiring, talent development, and oversight of work activities. Manage and recommend strategy as it pertains to developing and expanding bank’s relationships with institutional venture-backed companies and their sponsors. Establish performance goals and levels for direct reports according to overall goals set by EWB. Senior-level responsibility for the evaluation of prospects’ and existing clients’ financing needs and objectives, recommendation of the appropriate financial solutions, and transaction execution; and will maximize new business generation to enhance EWB’s client relationships.
- Manage team and client relationships.
- Manage revenue productions and other assigned financial goals.
- Oversee management of team’s portfolio and overall credit risks.
- Applies extensive industry/market/product knowledge to drive revenue production and business growth.
- Plays a key role in developing strategy and objectives for targeted business area.
- Participate in strategic decision-making outside their specific area as assigned.
- Responsible for managing, coaching, and counseling staffs which includes hiring/firing, performance management and disciplinary actions.
- Develops and maintains effective working relationships across internal business partners.
- May represent the Bank in fiscal, legal, regulatory and/or external business functions.
- Applies highly developed risk management skills and sets the standard for risk management practices for assigned team; coaches team, and holds team accountable for assigned duties.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field.
- 10+ years of experience within the venture debt or venture lending industry or C&I lending.
- 7+ years of progressive management responsibilities.
- Experience in leading the execution of an extensive variety of client transactions related to institutional venture capital backed deals.
- Advanced knowledge of innovation industry and markets.
- Proven ability to develop, nurture and monetize “trusted advisor” client relationships with senior executives.
- Proven track record in revenue generation and entrepreneurial nature.
- Advanced analytical and technical skills combined with a problem solving attitude.
- Excellent interpersonal style, good listening skills and the ability to communicate highly complex ideas clearly and concisely
- Strong partnering and leadership skills in a complex, matrixed environment
Options Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later. Share on your newsfeed Connect With Us! Not ready to apply? for general consideration. East West Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Reasonable accommodations for disability are provided to applicants and employees in accordance with applicable law.
Software Powered by iCIMS