Please Enable Cookies to Continue Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job. Returning Candidate? Digital Mortgage Lending Specialist Location US-CA-Pasadena
Job ID 32638
# Positions 1
Job Family Residential Mortgage - Branch Services
CIT is a leading national bank focused on empowering businesses and personal savers with the financial agility to navigate their goals. CIT Group Inc. (NYSE: CIT) is a financial holding company with over a century of experience and operates a principal bank subsidiary, CIT Bank, N.A. (Member FDIC, Equal Housing Lender). The company's commercial banking segment includes commercial financing, community association banking, middle market banking, equipment and vendor financing, factoring, railcar financing, treasury and payments services, and capital markets and asset management. CIT's consumer banking segment includes a national direct bank and regional branch network. Discover more at .
CIT Mortgage Sales exists to deliver clear, sound and tailored financial real estate solutions with exceptional service and value for our customers benefit of homeownership. Our focus is building relationships to better understand each customer’s unique real estate needs and assess which mortgage products will best serve their situation.
We are looking for a highly motivated, hard-working, goal-oriented Mortgage Lending Specialist to join our Mortgage team. The Mortgage Lending Specialist (MLS) will be responsible for sourcing and originating compliant conforming and jumbo residential mortgage loans. The essential functions of the job include, but are not necessarily limited to, the following:
- Ensures an efficient and compliant mortgage origination process from application to funding by working directly with internal and external groups
- Primarily, the MLS will be responsible for fielding inbound telephone inquiries, performing outbound telephone dialing to mortgage prospects, and handling leads from OWB’s website
- Secondarily, the MLS may be responsible for leads generated from OneWest’s retail bank branches, internal business unit and employee referrals, vendor and business client affinity referrals, among others.
- Proactively manage individual mortgage pipelines to ensure contingency dates and turn time standards are achieved
- Conducts interviews with prospective borrowers in order to analyze financial and credit data, determine customer financing objectives, advise customers of product/pricing policies and guidelines, and gather any additional required information
- Practices exceptional customer service by maintaining thorough knowledge of OneWest’s lending programs, policies, procedures and regulatory requirements, demonstrating a commitment to professional ethics, complying with all federal and state compliance policies and adhering to the Home -Mortgage Disclosure Act requirements
- The MLS may be asked to participate on trade shows, hosted events, community events with the goal of generating mortgage referrals and applications. If bank-generated lead volume is not sufficient, the MLS will be required to solicit mortgages from external sources such as Realtors, accountants, lawyers, business managers, open houses and trade shows
- 2+ years in the mortgage lending industry
- Experience as a producing loan officer with a proven record of funding 5 loans per month
- Bachelor's Degree preferred / High School Diploma required
- This position requires compliance with the Secure and Fair Enforcement for Mortgage Licensing Act of 2008 (SAFE Act) and all related regulations, at the time of employment, candidate must provide NMLS ID number (SAFE Act registration), grant CIT Bank institution access and meet CIT’s standard background check requirements.
Options Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later. Share on your newsfeed
CIT is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity. It is the policy of CIT to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to their race or perceived race (including traits historically associated with race, such as hair texture and protective hairstyles), color, national origin, nationality, ancestry, citizenship, immigration status, age), sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), actual or perceived gender, gender identity, gender expression or transgender (including transgender individuals who are transitioning, have transitioned, or are perceived to be transitioning to the gender with which they identify), religion, creed, marital status, family status, domestic partnership or civil union status, affectional or sexual orientation, atypical hereditary cellular or blood trait, genetic information or predisposition or carrier status (including testing and characteristics), status as a victim of domestic violence, actual or perceived status as a caregiver,military service protected veteran status, mental or physical disability, perceived disability, record of disability, medical condition, AIDS and HIV status, or any other protected characteristic established by applicable federal, state, or local laws. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here: